TomsFocus

Top Engine Mount

Recommended Posts

So, my top engine mount is leaking and I think it's collapsed tbh, sure it didn't look so low before!

Has any tried branded aftermarkets such as this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/FOR-FORD-FOCUS-2-C-MAX-CMAX-1-6-TDCi-FRONT-RIGHT-ENGINE-MOUNTING-MOUNT-BRACKET/171486591601?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211130857%26meid%3D7dd332c71ff04d7a8de49d9e2e7c8241%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D5572778139062134194&_qi=RTM2063723

Or is it best buy genuine stuff?  Intending to keep the car a while and do drive it hard so want some decent rubber there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I have  a feeling the ford part is much the same price. I did phone to get the price but have since forgotten, id go ford, they have made a number of revisions to our mount, revisions presumably because they found problems with it, whats to say aftermarket bothered to do the same

 

finis 1567937 should be the one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

So, my top engine mount is leaking and I think it's collapsed tbh, sure it didn't look so low before!

Has any tried branded aftermarkets such as this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/FOR-FORD-FOCUS-2-C-MAX-CMAX-1-6-TDCi-FRONT-RIGHT-ENGINE-MOUNTING-MOUNT-BRACKET/171486591601?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211130857%26meid%3D7dd332c71ff04d7a8de49d9e2e7c8241%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D5572778139062134194&_qi=RTM2063723

Or is it best buy genuine stuff?  Intending to keep the car a while and do drive it hard so want some decent rubber there!

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/search.php?keywords=Focus+engine+mount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see it on there, Russ?  Only a petrol one for £106 + VAT or a 2.0TDCi one at £200 + VAT! :ohmy:  Have asked my Ford tech mate to check what price he'd get it from the dealer next week but I guess it'll still be over £100.

Darren, have you still not changed yours??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I can't see it on there, Russ?  Only a petrol one for £106 + VAT or a 2.0TDCi one at £200 + VAT! :ohmy:  Have asked my Ford tech mate to check what price he'd get it from the dealer next week but I guess it'll still be over £100.

Darren, have you still not changed yours??

I think there's a bit on the site (or a number) to contact them for prices if you can't see the item your after Tom, I've bought wheels from them for two Fiestas and phoning them, they were quite good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I can't see it on there, Russ?  Only a petrol one for £106 + VAT or a 2.0TDCi one at £200 + VAT! :ohmy:  Have asked my Ford tech mate to check what price he'd get it from the dealer next week but I guess it'll still be over £100.

Darren, have you still not changed yours??

Na, it was simple enough to get them off for the timing belt so decided not to, its on me todo list tho, did you see the fluid then? I was beginning to think I was going mad about that

 

I was going to get it from here

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/ford/ford-1857733-bracket-eng-sup/

never heard or used them before but if they are advertising it as genuine then you would expect it to be legit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I've seen the fluid come out of mine.  It's a hydraulic mount so when the fluid has come out it's no longer doing its job properly tbh.  They seem to be quite common in modern cars but I've just never noticed as I haven't had one leak before.

I'll be honest, I don't think I could trust that site! :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some research and it was a bit of a hit and miss company but I didn't find anything that said their stuff wasn't legit, did find a lot of stuff about crap service though!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, on starting you engine does it rock like crazy, once on fine but that initial crank the whole thing shakes?

My mate started the car today whilst I was out front and was slightly alarmed at how much it moved

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I've never looked under the bonnet while cranking.  I would assume so though, there's always a lot of movement starting engines as you've got to overcome the inertia of everything so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Genuine mount through my mate will be £50ish so nowhere near as bad as I thought!  Gonna see what I need for the Fiesta and get it all together though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to update this, genuine mount was £50odd from fordpartsuk and is currently on their site (wasn't when I started the thread lol).

And I'm amazed at the difference it's made...obviously it's been awful since all the fluid came out but also the pull away judder that I've been blaming on the DMF for nearly 2 years has disappeared... :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good job Tom at least its all sorted now. Just a quick question do these mounts store fluid in them and are they only on the diesel focus or does the petrol mounts be the same? I original thought that these mounts where just metal and rubber old skool style lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what was the finis code Tom? I think I can spare 50 quid to get mine sorted out, ive got all sorts of noises at the front ive been blaming on the DMF as well so will be interesting if that fixes mine too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its cool found it, part ordered, might go about changing the lower mount whilst I'm at it as well, have to take a peek and see how it looks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sonic113 said:

good job Tom at least its all sorted now. Just a quick question do these mounts store fluid in them and are they only on the diesel focus or does the petrol mounts be the same? I original thought that these mounts where just metal and rubber old skool style lol! 

Yeah, they contain a sort of hydraulic fluid to work with the rubber.  The 1.6 petrol does use the same hydraulic mount, it should be identical if you have a look at yours. :smile: 

27 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

its cool found it, part ordered, might go about changing the lower mount whilst I'm at it as well, have to take a peek and see how it looks

Oops, bit late lol.  I probably could've done with changing my lower one tbh, but not got the funds spare atm and it's not at the stage where it definitely needs doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom 

Thanks for the information I will be sure to keep an eye on those now at service intervals as its something I would of overlooked and never thought of lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

replaced mine today, the difference is staggering, I still have some noise at the front that sounds like the DMF but its much better then before, what was alarming was how much higher the engine was sitting after the part was changed out, I mean it was only about an inch but still, looked quite a lot when we lowed it off the jack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since i don't want to open a new topic, could someone tell me if the top mount in the video seems OK ?  Focus 1.0

Video was taken while engine was still warm. When it's cold, it has no movement at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cant really see mate, it certainty doesn't look like its oozing or sitting low but the photo isn't much to go on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1.0 ECOboost has very soft engine mounts to reduce the typical 3-cilinder vibrations.Because of this the engine can shake quite a bit especially when idling. 

 

Which version of the 1.0 ECOboost do you have?

The 100 HP version has the 5-speed Ford IB5 gearbox combined with a single mass flywheel. The 125 HP version has the 9-speed Ford B6 gearbox combined with a dual mass flywheel. Because of the dual mass flywheel the 125 HP version has less vibrations than the 100 HP version.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you JW 1982. I have the 125 HP version. Finally, i went to the dealer today. They made a ride with the car and they told me that since i have no vibrations on the steering wheel there is no reason to worry about.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Can someone direct me to the part number please? I've looked on FordPartsUK but cant find it at all.

I have a 1.0 ecoboost engine with the top right mount looking like its failed.I'm trying to find a part to have it replaced, but struggling.

Found this on Ebay, but its not genuine:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-1-0-1-6-1-6-LPG-1-6-TDCi-1-6-Ti-2-0-2006-2018-Right-Engine-Mount/333007143758?hash=item4d88c5c34e:g:NcEAAOSwq2xcNyeA:rk:1:pf:0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Deano12 said:

Hi all,

Can someone direct me to the part number please? I've looked on FordPartsUK but cant find it at all.

I have a 1.0 ecoboost engine with the top right mount looking like its failed.I'm trying to find a part to have it replaced, but struggling.

Found this on Ebay, but its not genuine:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-1-0-1-6-1-6-LPG-1-6-TDCi-1-6-Ti-2-0-2006-2018-Right-Engine-Mount/333007143758?hash=item4d88c5c34e:g:NcEAAOSwq2xcNyeA:rk:1:pf:0

In my experience FordPartsUK doesn’t stock everything.Call your local Ford parts department that’s what I do.Some on here have access to the finis numbers they may or may not come along👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to know guys, I drove for about 10 minutes today come home checked under the bonnet and there's a lot more fluid now. I've got it booked in at the garrage on Wednesday and don't intend to drive it again until then, but will it be ok driving to the garage on a proper duff mount now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.