Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full service history??

Rockhopper

2011 Focus TDcI 2.0 Powershift

My car was sold to me (not from a Ford dealer) with a "Full dealership history" and indeed the service book is fully stamped up to 38k. At 37.5k the Powershift fluid should have been changed but the Ford garage who did the service have confirmed in writing that they actually did a 50k service at which the fluid change is not done. If i hadn't inquired I wouldn't have got the fluid changed for another 38k miles which wouldn't be good for the health of the box.

Have I any comeback against the Ford garage who did the service for not writing in the service book that the fluid hadn't been changed as is required by the official Ford service schedule or should I just suck it up and pay for the fluid change myself?

oil change is 37.5 k or 3 years, so may be it was done at 3 yrs? you said they did 50k service , was that at 3 years

Hi, the 50k was done at four years, I'll get the book out at lunchtime and check the earlier ones as well as emailing the dealer who did it and ask them to check their records.

50k service at 4 years wont have the fluid changed regardless of mileage at that point, the 3rd service is the one that you need to know about, alot of owners decline the oil change due to cost at there own risk.

Yes I imagine they do (its £280!!)  I check in a while.

Thanks for your help and I'll update when I know more.

Well Lifestyle Ford in Tunbridge Wells have come back to me to confirm that the fluid was changed at 25,267 miles (at only 3 years old) which is a bit of a result for me!

I have to say that impressed with the response I've had from the two Ford service departments I've spoken to.

Panic over. Lol

, next due at 6yrs
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club