Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spotify skipping USB (HELP!)

MrJamesMcManus

Okay, I think I may have asked this before. I have also Googled it and just get endless threads of no solutions.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue and if you have solved it.

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Edge, so no bluetooth, just has USB and AUX input. When I go to play music via Spotify on AUX it's fine, but when I try it on USB it just skips tracks.

Was wondering if anyone else has this issue and is there a way to solve it? Don't mind spending a bit of time messing about with updates, just want it work really so I don't have endless trails of cables in my car.

Thanks in advance :)

23 hours ago, MrJamesMcManus said:

Okay, I think I may have asked this before. I have also Googled it and just get endless threads of no solutions.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue and if you have solved it.

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Edge, so no bluetooth, just has USB and AUX input. When I go to play music via Spotify on AUX it's fine, but when I try it on USB it just skips tracks.

Was wondering if anyone else has this issue and is there a way to solve it? Don't mind spending a bit of time messing about with updates, just want it work really so I don't have endless trails of cables in my car.

Thanks in advance :)

I had a big issue with the USB on my iPhone (think it was mostly bluetooth) - everytime my sat nav had a direction, my phone had to call itself to read it over the sync system (maybe unrelated). 

What phone are you using? I know my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + (new phone essentially) I cant do anything Via USB as it doesn't read spotify etc (better sound quality via usb too) - so everything has to be via BT. I think my iPhone (5) played slightly better via usb however I'm guessing its an update that needs to be done in order to read newer phones. If its not much of an issue, your only bet maybe to play music VIA Aux, whilst charging via USB?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2016 at 0:05 PM, JSMarsden said:

I had a big issue with the USB on my Iphone (think it was mostly bluetooth) - everytime my sat nav had a direction, my phone had to call itself to read it over the sync system (maybe unrelated). 

What phone are you using? I know my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + (new phone essentially) I cant do anything Via USB as it doesn't read spotify etc (better sound quality via usb too) - so everything has to be via BT. I think my Iphone (5) played slightly better via usb however I'm guessing its an update that needs to be done in order to read newer phones. If its not much of an issue, your only bet maybe to play music VIA Aux, whilst charging via USB?

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus, I guess that's what I'll have to keep doing then :( haha

Thanks for the reply

• 5 years later...

Hi, I got the same problem 6 years later, did you find a solution?

2 hours ago, j.wiegand said:

Hi, I got the same problem 6 years later, did you find a solution?

YES !! 👍 😀

They sold the car and haven't been back to the Ford forum since 14th October 2017