Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parts help - What is this called?


Recommended Posts

I have a 2009 ford fusion 1.6 tdci

I had a leak of aircon refrigerant a couple of days ago and when examining the area noticed that 2 pipes had been rubbing. Would like to replace but no idea what they are for or more importantly called. The pipe is on the drivers side. i think one is for the aircon (got lots of little cracks in it, going to take to a garage to sort) and the other is quite a large diameter (i think its an air pipe)

Also there is a small component that whistles. This is located behind the passenger headlight (pic 3) its a square with 2 hoses and an electrical connection. Anyone know what this is? and should it whistle when the engine is running?

Thanks everyone




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Assuming that the pipe you have labelled as the air con pipe is that, then those cracks are fine I think, mine's the same and the air con works without any problems, including no apparent refrigerant leak. I say assuming as the power steering hoses look similar

The large rubber pipes in your 1st and 3rd pics are part of the air intake setup, they go between the inlet manifold, turbo and intercooler

The device in the 2nd pic is I think part of the engine vacuum system, for things like EGR valve operation and brake servo assistance. The whistling noise could suggest a leak; you could try following the rubber hoses and seeing if all the joints/connections are nice and snug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...