Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ex-driving school Ford Direct Ford Focus

profjlowe

Hi guys,

I have an 07 2007 Focus 1.6 Zetec with 13000 Mls I wanna replace with the newer model Focus.

My dealer has a few available under the Ford Direct scheme that comes with 2 yrs unlimited mileage and 2 yrs RAC cover. I will be test driving on Tuesday, a 2009 58 reg with 24000 miles and the reduced price is 9995.

After reading the following article, I am a bit suspicious as it is now clear that together with ex rental cars, the AA driving school Ford Focus Zetecs end up on Ford dealerships as Ford Direct cars after 6 mths with around 12000-25000 miles on the clock. Apparently a lot of people have bought such cars without being informed about their sources. My dealer told me blatantly that they don't sell ex-driving school cars.

The article however, and statement from Ford tells us otherwise.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/6...chool-cars.html

I have noticed that all the AA Driving school cars have registration plates beginning with 'G' and are all pretty new. I'm therefore guessing that this is the clue to the car source.

The question then, is one of whether this is an issue or not. Should I really be bothered if the car I buy was a driving school car when the car has been inspected by the RAC and has had a new clutch, new tyres etc. So, should the price be reduced if I know about its true source. I would rather kee a car like mine that is a privately owned car, as opposed to an ex-rental or ex-driving school car. But then, I'd like to drive the new model.

Would appreciate your advice on this

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club