Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost or 1.6 TDCI?

longsh07

Ah, my bad. Well having looked into Superchips remap the 100 seems to boost to 137 (37% increase) and the 125 to 151 (20% increase) so that suggest there are some other slight differences or you'd see identical figures surely. Anyway, a 20-37% increase in either case should be noticeable and for what I want to use the car for, more than enough. 

Looking more like I'll be going for an Ecoboost 100/125 purely depending on what is available but I'll try and give the diesel a go too.

A bit more useful info on the 100/125 vs 140: http://www.enginelabs.com/news/upgraded-ford-1-0-liter-ecoboost-engine-boasts-140-horsepower/

Modifications to the engine include recalibration of the ECU to change settings for the turbo boost, valve timing, intercooler and throttle management. The 12-percent jump in power over the previous EcoBoost will give the Fiesta an expected 0-100km/h acceleration time of nine seconds and a top speed of 125 mph (201 km/h).

Looks like it is just a slightly different turbo (and gearbox) between the 100 and 125 versions. Turbo could easily equate to the difference in the Superchips maps too http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/208947-upgrading-10-ecoboost-100ps/page-2

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Just had a look on Ford Ecat, and the only difference I can see between the 100ps and the 125ps is the turbo, lists different part numbers for each type.
All other parts, for example, injectors, intake, exhaust system, are the same.

Jon. 

they are all pretty much the same, the 140 has a different headgasket. as for turbos, the first ones were different so some say between the 100 and 125, but when the 140 came out the 125 turbo was used on the 100, and the 125 used the140 turbo, this has been confirmed by ford part numbers last year. its basically down to the mapping. ive got a focus 100 and bluefin chipped to 140ish and seems to drive better than the ford 140 offerings.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @iantt. I assume that then means the parts are interchangeable then.

Most of the ones I'm looking at are roughly 2012-2013 and from what I've seen the 140 was released in 2014 so probably a fairly safe bet to say that I'd end up with a 100 turbo on a 100 rather than a 125 turbo. Still, having said that it proves parts are interchangeable so fitting a 140 turbo to a 100 isn't out of the question.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club