Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reset Oil Change Warning Light

darude

Hi all, does anyone know how to reset the oil change service light?

It comes on the centre screen under "Messages" and also an orange oil light comes on the dashboard.

I've already changed the oil myself.

I`ve put your question and pics also to one German Forum, more people = more answers. If there will be something to this topic I`ll let you know, or you can also check by yourself and use google translate ;) .

I`ve put your question and pics also to one German Forum, more people = more answers. If there will be something to this topic I`ll let you know, or you can also check by yourself and use google translate ;) .

Thanks for your help. The google translate doesn't translate it 100%, so perhaps you can help translate some of the answers for me? Thanks again

• Like 1

I had to press the gas and brake before I've put the key in... turned the key till I see the light.... keep the pedals down for about a minute... the orange oil light flashes, a red oil light comes on.... and then when I let go the pedals, both the message and the oil lights are gone.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated

• 3 years later...

This happened to my wife's car. Took it for service 800 miles early and then the oil light came on with the squiggle under it and when starting it, it said to have a service. So i came on here read the comments and it was fixed! Thanks everyone!!! So you know how to - get in, put seat belt on, hold down the brake and accelerator, put key in, turn key to position 2 (one before ignition fires up), hold for 60 seconds or more, done.

• Like 1

Hi tobyhorne, mine did this a few weeks ago, oil can with squiggle line underneath, put a previous topic on here .

according to the owners manual it means 'oil contaminated with fuel' mine had to be changed after only covering about 8,000mls since the last change.

I would check the condition of your oil just incase .

Ps. mines the tdci engine.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club