Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I remap my car??

OPLxx

Hey guys so I need a bit of advice;

So I've had a look at this website of a remapping company near me. They're a professional company so they know what they're doing. I asked them about getting my car remapped and what it would cost and what would I gain. My car is a 1.4 TDCI Ford Fiesta MK7. I've done some cosmetic mods to the car already, which you can see on my profile so the car looks nice. This is also my first ever car.

The company said that they normally can do around +30bhp and +60nm of torque on this car with a remap. This will cost me £159. Do you think it's worth it or just don't bother?

Had my Signum remapped - utter disgrace. Unless its being done professionally on a dyno or some form of road test where the parameters can be adjusted to suit your engine (as each engine has its own characteristics) i wouldnt bother.

Most of these so-called professionals which litter Facebook use a "one map fits all" file that's probably been created for a car with a similar engine in a different country.

If you want it remapped consider Bluefin, SuperChips, Mountune etc. - little more expensive but actual reputable companies that have done the homework and haven't just bought a CD off eBay for a fiver.

That's my two cents.

Don't forget to add in the extra cost of your insurance.

• Like 1

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to help.

Regards,

Dan.

On 12/11/2016 at 11:22 PM, OPLxx said:

Hey guys so I need a bit of advice;

So I've had a look at this website of a remapping company near me. They're a professional company so they know what they're doing. I asked them about getting my car remapped and what it would cost and what would I gain. My car is a 1.4 TDCI Ford Fiesta MK7. I've done some cosmetic mods to the car already, which you can see on my profile so the car looks nice. This is also my first ever car.

The company said that they normally can do around +30bhp and +60nm of torque on this car with a remap. This will cost me £159. Do you think it's worth it or just don't bother?

The 1.4 TDCi does remap well, fully modded it will be on par with a stock 1.6 TDCi - personally I would just change the airbox over to an induction kit as I have done, its made a massive difference to the car without a remap as the MAF seems to be now fueling for a slightly different part of the stock fueling map.

Don't forget to add in the additional cost of insurance as well as the cost of the replacement uprated clutch, tyres and brakes you will also be needing.

personally a would mod the 1.4 but being put on a dyno find a remapper with a dyno and your sorted heard good things from these remapped also get induction and my mate got a custom cat back for the diesel and it sounds like a monster now! lol (same engine) 

1 hour ago, Paramanic said:

personally a would mod the 1.4 but being put on a dyno find a remapper with a dyno and your sorted heard good things from these remapped also get induction and my mate got a custom cat back for the diesel and it sounds like a monster now! lol (same engine) 

I was tempted by the cat back system to help spool but mine now spools at something like 1,250 rpm so not sure how much better it would be with a different exhaust, shame there aren't any off the shelf ones around. If the OP wants to get extra power of out their car I would suggest a remap and induction kit and see what its like, ideally fitting an intercooler as well using the 1.6 TDCi intake pipes. Main issue I have is the uprated clutch needed due to the extra torque but the 1.4 TDCi does remap well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club