Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's this part


Recommended Posts

Bit of a silly question.  I've been trying to find the source of some horrid noises mostly when going over speed bumps or parking. 

Spotted a cracked bit when peeking through one of my rear wheels and am wondering what the right name for it is? 




  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would take the wheel off and have a good look at the top and bottom of the spring. The bottom tails of spring can break off, but generally they don't get picked up until an MOT test (if then). I had a tail break off on mine, which I changed fairly easily. Its difficult to tell from your photo, but the top of the spring coil doesn't look as it should. I would have a good look. I have attached a couple of photos of when I did mine so that you can see the top and bottom.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...