Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK6 - Waterpump to Heater Matrix?

betty02

Afternoon lads,

Little sister broke down again this morning, 3rd time in 2 days. She has a MK6.5 1.4 Fiesta, it overheated and was told it was the water tank/reservoir so got that changed, filled up and seemed ok, driving motorway the next day, leak, huge hole in radiator. So had that replaced, back on the same motorway today and EML, Steam, overheated AGAIN.

AA guy went to her, pouring water in and it was just basically all leaking straight out onto floor - Just a pipe relief.

Anyway he came out and told her it was the pipe from the thermostat to the heater matrix? Does this A sound about right and B anyone have the technical term for the pipe so I can get one ordered?

Easy enough to do on a drive? Or book a ramp in the garage time?

I had a leak in my coolant system as well, had to keep refilling it every week or something. Used radflush as well because the colour of the tank was a rusty orange and so was the coolant but that didn't clean it either. Later my thermostat housing had broken where it the flow pipe from the radiator attaches to the housing, so I replaced it and found out that the gasket was worn to shreds. So might want to try that and don't lose the sensor. Six bolts to take off and it is quite cramped. Takes around 20 minutes and parts around £20 on eBay. I do have a spare aftermarket one if you're interested.

never poor cold water into a hot overheated engine. let it cool down first, you can cause damage otherwise. I wouldn't order a part until you have seen where the hole is with your own eyes.  perhaps the pipe has just come off and does not actually need a new pipe. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club