Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playing MP3s on Ford Focus 6000CD

afc69

I assumed you could play MP3s on a CD in the 6000CD unit, but I get a CD error message. Does this unit actually take Cds with MP3s on it?

I assumed you could play MP3s on a CD in the 6000CD unit, but I get a CD error message. Does this unit actually take Cds with MP3s on it?

BUMP

Come on, somebody must know?

BUMP

Come on, somebody must know?

You've answered yourself. No.

You either need to use the aux input in the glove box or have opted for the Sony headunit. None of the others play MP3, apart from the touch screen satnav unit/communications pack.

You've answered yourself. No.

You either need to use the aux input in the glove box or have opted for the Sony headunit. None of the others play MP3, apart from the touch screen satnav unit/communications pack.

Thanks, silverfox.

Okay. The manual descibes how you can play MP3s burnt onto a CD-R/RW, but doesn't specify which model. So we are saying that the 6000CD doesn't support MP3s played on CDs?

Is the glovebox aux input an factory fitted option, as I don't appear to have it? I assume this is to hook up an iPod?

Thanks, silverfox.

Okay. The manual descibes how you can play MP3s burnt onto a CD-R/RW, but doesn't specify which model. So we are saying that the 6000CD doesn't support MP3s played on CDs?

Is the glovebox aux input an factory fitted option, as I don't appear to have it? I assume this is to hook up an iPod?

Correct about the 6000CD - no MP3 support.

Not sure about the aux, but it is easy to miss. However and easy retrofit too I believe, provided the headunit can support it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club