Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New alloys for Zetec s. Like to keep stock height

Louissendel

Hey, I've had a Zetec s ecoboost for about 2 years now and fancy some new wheel. I wanted to keep the stock suspension setup but don't want arch gap or ***** fitment. Anyone have recommendeds of wheels or the size and offset etc I should look for? Tia

You can't change the overall diameter of the wheels. You're pretty much limited to 18s therefore (even though they look daft imo, 17's suit Fiesta's the best). You're best off looking for any wheels you like, and looking for tyres to make up the rest of the diameter. There are calculators online to help you.

Doing it this way means you don't have to recalibrate your speedo and the ride height should stay the same.

If you get wider wheels then you may run into catching on full lock (the cars with the 17's on them, eg yours, already have steering rack limiters fitted fron factory). 

Any Fiesta alloys from the same generation are already all the same overall diameter and the same bolt pattern.

28 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

You can't change the overall diameter of the wheels. You're pretty much limited to 18s therefore (even though they look daft imo, 17's suit Fiesta's the best). You're best off looking for any wheels you like, and looking for tyres to make up the rest of the diameter. There are calculators online to help you.

Doing it this way means you don't have to recalibrate your speedo and the ride height should stay the same.

If you get wider wheels then you may run into catching on full lock (the cars with the 17's on them, eg yours, already have steering rack limiters fitted fron factory). 

Any Fiesta alloys from the same generation are already all the same overall diameter and the same bolt pattern.

Ok thanks for the detailed reply. So are you recommending that I pick a set I like as long as they're the same bolt pattern, width and diameter as my standard 17s? 

If you want replacement wheels then you'll need PCD 4 x 108. The hub diameter on a Fiesta is 63.4mm so you'll need spigot rings if you buy aftermarket wheels with a larger hub. Stock wheels have an offset of ET47.5 but other manufacturers recommend ET38-42 and this will help give the appearance of filling the arches a bit better.

I've got a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 with: Diameter 17”, Width 7J, PCD 4 x 108, Offset ET38, Hub diameter of 73.1mm.

Have a look at my build profile for more info and pictures.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Louissendel said:

Ok thanks for the detailed reply. So are you recommending that I pick a set I like as long as they're the same bolt pattern, width and diameter as my standard 17s? 

Certainly same bolt pattern. Adaptors/ spacers is something I don't trust, especially cheap tat. They can create wheel wobble and make the car feel out of allignment.

You have to keep the overall diameter to keep the look of the car and so you don't have to redo the speedo. Depending on what size wheel you have you'd have to get the following tyres.

15 inch - 195/60/r15.

16 inch - 195/50/r16.

17 inch - 205/40/r17.

You can change the 205 (the width) to suit the new wheels, but you have to keep the rest.

Quite a few people like to go for team dynamics on here, but personally I prefer black zetec s alloys (what I've just upgraded to) or gun metal grey ST alloys. They're both just bolt on.

To summarize (because I like to go on a little bit). I'd keep the bolt pattern and diameter the same, but you can change the width (don't go up much though or you will catch the wheel arches on full lock) to suit the new wheels.

EDIT: forgot to mention offset, the standard is 47.5, but is often changed on aftermarket parts. You're better off googling to get a feel for a good offset. You also can't go wrong with a 17-7J alloy

Thanks for all the help, I had no does what any of these terms or number really meant in wheel terms lol. Just been doing some research of all your figures and I understand it all now I think haha. I think I know what To look for now

20 hours ago, Louissendel said:

Thanks for all the help, I had no does what any of these terms or number really meant in wheel terms lol. Just been doing some research of all your figures and I understand it all now I think haha. I think I know what To look for now

AAEAAQAAAAAAAALWAAAAJGJhMjZiMzNjLTE4MTUt

plussizegraphic_2_L_zpsitbltiiv.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club