Sign in to follow this  
Taylor22

What power can a mountune intercooler run?

Currently running around 230-240 bhp and need a new intercooler. Was thinking mountune as map can be taken off easily for warranty issues but intercooler would be a pain taking off and re fitting but mountune intercooler would be left on. Just wondering what power levels it's proven at. 

Don't they have 2? A small one for 235 then they have a bigger one that goes 265+?

I didn't think the Mountune map could be removed? Certainly that was their advice for the 1.0 maps. Might be worth checking. 

Altenatively you could run a map that could be removed (Revo, Bluefin, etc) with Mountune warranty friendly hardware. 

Yea i should have been more specific. Looking at the smaller one as that's warranty friendly whereas bigger isn't to the best of my knowledge. I have a peron map that can be removed if need be and I'm looking at mountune intercooler so that I dont have to removed and fit standard back for any warranty issues. 

In the US they run the smaller mountune cooler on their big turbo kit, which is 270+bhp, they can't use the larger cooler due to the crash bar.

That's good to know, so it will be good option for my map which is running 235. Do you know the price for them i cant find out at the minute cause they're not in stock. 

Scrap that I've just checked and they're back in stock for just under £500. I'd rather just get a vodoo intercooler on sale at almost half the price. 

17 hours ago, Taylor22 said:

Scrap that I've just checked and they're back in stock for just under £500. I'd rather just get a vodoo intercooler on sale at almost half the price. 

Have you seen the quality of the voodoo intercooler? The welds are awful, AETs customer service is just as bad and their stage 2 map killed my engine. I'd avoid them... 

Buy cheap buy twice 

Never seen them in the flesh no, I wouldn't say they're cheap just don't have the premium price tag that mountune products come with.

I've already used aet and they were spot on for me. Only ever heard good things about them tbh you're the first negative review I've heard of them. Going stage 2 on a 1.0 engine doesn't seem like a smart move regardless of the tuner to me. The standard power on the ecoboost is already high. 

I'm surprised they never sorted you out though if you had problems. Presumably they said it was something else that blew your engine?