Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New to Fords

Jonpw

I will be picking up my new 2014 Zetec 1.25 on Friday, Can't wait!

Are there any tips and tricks for Fiestas that would be useful?

Nice!

Number one recommendation is to go through all the settings on the infotainment screen in the centre and get everything set up how you like it. Also teaches you a lot about it at the same time!

Fiesta's, in my experience, providing you've got a good set of tires can be really thrown about round the corners, so you can have plenty of fun with them so go wild! 

The turning circle in my 2013 one is pretty average tbh, power steering is weighted perfectly in my opinion. 

Finally, there's LOADSS of accessories/mods/extras both on Ford's own website and also places such as eBay and such like. 

Oh, and btw, spend 10 minutes setting up all the radio stations, you'll thank me later as they're a ***** to try and tune into on your own while driving. The infotainment isn't the most friendly of systems in some cases. 

Most of all, ENJOY :) 

• Like 2

1st time you fill it up, choose a quite time - it may be "easy fuel" but it can take a bit of getting used to!

• Like 2

Whats different about it?

You simply open the cap and pop the fuel hose in. But it can be difficult to remove sometimes If you don't wait a little bit after filling up

Also. Biggest bit of advise.. Don't try to overtake anything unless you've about 3miles of space as its a gutless NA engine. Reliable and easy to work on  though 

Thanks for the advise lol.

Are there any hidden features. For instance, on my Land Rover, if you hold down the lock button then the headlights come on for 30 secs, stuff that isn't mentioned in the manual that comes with it?

4 minutes ago, Jonpw said:

Are there any hidden features. For instance, on my Land Rover, if you hold down the lock button then the headlights come on for 30 secs, stuff that isn't mentioned in the manual that comes with it?

Some Fiestas, depends on how they're configured I think, do have a 'hold the unlock and all the windows come down' and the same the opposite way.

if you normally do travel alone, you can set it so on the first press of the unlock it opens just the drivers door, then on the second press all the doors (if necessary). Depends how security conscious you are and personal preference.

one hidden feature is the free-of-charge voice anger management system. You get to practice just how hard you need to yell to get the sync system to recognise what you're saying. 😂Even then it still can struggle!

To change from one door or all door unlock simply unlock the car, and hols the lock and unlock buttons until the indicators flash 

Also, global opening can be activated if you don't already have it but requires forscan or IDS then some key press stuff

1 hour ago, Jonpw said:

I know on my 2014 Fiesta, if you pull the main beam headlights as you've just turn off the engine/key out then the lights will stay on for 30 seconds. 

It's pretty useful in the dark.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club