Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Type of engine oil

MadMartinMan

Hey peeps,

What kind of oil will I need for a 62 plate Zetec with the 1.0 L Ecoboost engine with stop-start?  I know it'll have to be fully synthetic but is there anything in particular to go for?

Cheers,

Mart

5w-30

**Edit**

Sorry, meant to have typed 5w-20 :laugh:

The handbook also lists 5w-30 but as others have said, the 5w-20 is the recommended type.

38 minutes ago, MadMartinMan said:

Hey peeps,

What kind of oil will I need for a 62 plate Zetec with the 1.0 L Ecoboost engine with stop-start?  I know it'll have to be fully synthetic but is there anything in particular to go for?

Cheers,

Mart

5W-20 according to Fordparts........ http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_5w20_ecoboost_magnatec_oil_5ltr__f_1009373_c_1044.htm

and also discussed here ..... 

• Like 1

Definitely 5w20 fully synthetic. Ford changed the oil spec for this engine, I work in a motor factors so I can confirm this for certain.

• Like 1

There's been much debate on 5w30 and 5w20. Ford started to recommend 5w20 when they introduced the ecoboost as they say it improves the fuel efficiency.

• Like 1

Ford recommend the 5w/20 to try and keep the emissions, and therefore the car tax band, as low as possible.  Peugeot are also big fans of doing the same throughout a models life, knocking nealy 10g/km off the 107s emissions during its lifespan by changing only the lube.  

I'd be quite happy running an ET on either if I owned one.  Allowing the motor to get fully up to temp before booting it hard will make a far greater difference to longevity than a 2 degree C viscosity change. That said, 5w/20 would be better suited to engines used for short urban journeys on cold motors.

• Like 1

important to use 5w 20 because of the variable pressure oil pump that is used

• Like 1

0.9 centistokes difference at 100C.  The oil pump won't care.

• Like 1

I'm just refering to what ford kept drumming into us at ford college every time I went.

• Like 2

I've edited my original post as I was meant to have posted 5w-20 :laugh:.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club