Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


What is the best LED lights for a Ford Fiesta


BJT
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi I have got a 2015 Ford Fiesta and is looking to put some new LED headlights in as the standard halogen ones are a bit rubbish. My car has fitted projector lights so I don't think blinding on commmers will be a problem.

I am aware of nighteye and safego LEDs. If anyone has experience using these I would be interested to hear if they were any good

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was also recommended autobeam.co.uk
Haven't tried them yet as I'm happy with my Osrams atm but will definitely be checking them out next!

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is one thread where Nighteyes were tested out. One user (Willy) went back to Osram Nightbreaker Lasers after trying out the LED's.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, lwatson99 said:

Heard good things about autobeam. Upgrading on payday 

I would be very interested to hear what you think of them when you upgrade. 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, zagobir said:

Was also recommended autobeam.co.uk
Haven't tried them yet as I'm happy with my Osrams atm but will definitely be checking them out next!

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk
 

From what I've seen the Osrams are halogen bulbs and they don't make any LED Bulbs.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Zico said:

Here is one thread where Nighteyes were tested out. One user (Willy) went back to Osram Nightbreaker Lasers after trying out the LED's.

 

Thanks for the link. It doesn't look like the nighteye's were worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I have a 12% discount code if anyone is buying


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you don't mind.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I've seen the Osrams are halogen bulbs and they don't make any led bulbs.
Thanks



Yes they are halogen with a "xenon look". Just thought it would be worth mentioning what I'm using now as I haven't actually bought from autobeam yet

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Me and my dad are looking at osram and their LED range. I've found them to be brighter and more reliable compared to the cheap Ebay LEDs. I have been looking at nighteye as they make a 10000 lumen 6500k led h11 which I might use to replace my front fogs. These have a heat disipater which allows them to give out this much light. Normal LEDs without any cooling system would normally have about 800 lumens so imagine the difference with 10000 lumens. Want to first sort my car out mechanicaly as I want to get the injectors checked for any leaks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok thank you for that useful information. If you do decide to use the bulbs let me know how they are. Hope your car is mechanically fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The previous owner of my car installed 6000k HIDs which I have to say lit up the road and the beam pattern is easy to see. Will get them aligned next month when the MOT is due as the beam height is set at 4 which is the lowest setting. The front sidelights I put some LEDs which my dad had probably bought from eBay and they thankfully match the HIDs. These LEDs I had on my previous car a year and a half ago and they still are working. Good thing with the mk6 fiesta is that the sidelights are far away from the main lights meaning it won't get damaged from any heat when the main lights are on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/07/2017 at 3:06 PM, zain611 said:

The previous owner of my car installed 6000k HIDs which I have to say lit up the road and the beam pattern is easy to see. Will get them aligned next month when the MOT is due as the beam height is set at 4 which is the lowest setting. The front sidelights I put some LEDs which my dad had probably bought from eBay and they thankfully match the HIDs. These LEDs I had on my previous car a year and a half ago and they still are working. Good thing with the mk6 fiesta is that the sidelights are far away from the main lights meaning it won't get damaged from any heat when the main lights are on

I had a set of HIDs in my car a few months ago but the beam pattern was all wrong so it would shine a bright spot on the pavement on the left side and couldn't really see where I was going but I suppose it was a cheap eBay set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BJT did yours come with a cover which covers the bottom of the bulbs? This would prevent the light from the HIDs from shining light at the bottom of the reflectors and causing a spreaded out pattern. My uncle has LED lights in his car and he passed MOT in them however the guy did give him a advisery saying that the beam pattern was just within legal limits. LEDs however have a spread out beam. My dad has this LED unit which consists of a festoon fitting but has two separate wires which go to a flat LED. Am planning on putting this in my interior light and hopefully will do a topic on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BJT did yours come with a cover which covers the bottom of the bulbs? This would prevent the light from the HIDs from shining light at the bottom of the reflectors and causing a spreaded out pattern. My uncle has LED lights in his car and he passed MOT in them however the guy did give him a advisery saying that the beam pattern was just within legal limits. LEDs however have a spread out beam. My dad has this LED unit which consists of a festoon fitting but has two separate wires which go to a flat LED. Am planning on putting this in my interior light and hopefully will do a topic on it. 


Sorry, I can't tell of you are talking about interior or exterior lights?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol sorry jonro I may have quickly made that message. At the moment I put a festoon LED for the interior. HIDs are the main lights. 

The other LEDs I was talking about which I might upgrade to for the interior are these ones in the picture. It has the festoon fitting whereas it has a wire which branches to an LED. I can't find the one my dad had which had 2 separate LEDs. Will send pics if I install them 

DSC_0039.JPG

 

Forgot to show the LEDs I'm planning to get for my front fogs 

 

Screenshot_20170801-132512.thumb.png.13d3581cfb8d33f437d657dd5665fe9c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol sorry jonro I may have quickly made that message. At the moment I put a festoon LED for the interior. HIDs are the main lights. 

The other LEDs I was talking about which I might upgrade to for the interior are these ones in the picture. It has the festoon fitting whereas it has a wire which branches to an LED. I can't find the one my dad had which had 2 separate LEDs. Will send pics if I install them 

DSC_0039.JPG

 

Forgot to show the LEDs I'm planning to get for my front fogs 

 

Screenshot_20170801-132512.thumb.png.13d3581cfb8d33f437d657dd5665fe9c.png

Hi mine didn't come with that cover which will be the reason why the ram pattern was distorted. I suppose they were cheap.

Picture of the LEDs would be useful, interior and exterior (I just wimped out and put an led with the standard fitting in) and also the nighteyes as fogs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership