Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.5 TDCI 0W-30 Oil

Brammer_2k

Hi All, 

I am looking at doing a 6 month oil change soon which is in between my services that i normally do every year, Having had a look on the Castrol site, it recomends "Magnatec Stop-Start 0W-30 D" if i put my reg in or search for for my car manually.
in the book for my car it gives a few numbers for oil which i should use, this 0W-30 dosnt have this but has "
Ford WSS-M2C950-A"
E-bay oil link from castrol site

Usually i would use the normal ford approved 5W-30 Castrol oil, Would this be better suited or give the 0W-30 a try?
E-bay link for the 5W-30 Oil

Car is end of march 2015 Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI, mileage is 20K and i do around 8 to 10k a year.

Any more info needed just ask.

Thanks.

hi glad to hear your doing an oil change every 6months, 0w-30 is the oil that you need as they have changed the grade on the newer fords as it had always been 5w-30.

this is the oil i have been getting from eBay to service my mates cars, good price and quick delivery too  eBay item number:182321843162

Thanks Andy, where did you find out that Ford has changed the oil in this engine?

What's the reason for the different weight change? 

Good practice to have and considering it myself (though I get a full service every 6 with the number of miles I do!) but not as essential to have on the 1.5TDCi unlike the old 16v 1.6TDCi pieces of poo from the MK2 years!

• Like 1

I have a 2015 1.5TDCI Fiesta. With it is a card produced by Ford with all of the 2015 ford models on it for 1.5tdci fiesta and focus it says recommended Castrol oil is 5/30 (it says FORD/00060 in corner)   But the handbook says it should be 0/30.  So not even the documents that came with the car clearly state what it should be. 

7 hours ago, Brammer_2k said:

Thanks Andy, where did you find out that Ford has changed the oil in this engine?

What's the reason for the different weight change? 

it was in the owner manual of my mates car, it also states that if you use 5w-30 as topup oil never use more than 1ltr, a lot of new cars now use ow-30.

Specifications
 Use oil and fluids that meet the defined specification and viscosity grades.
Note:  Use of other fluids may lead to damage which is not covered by the vehicle Warranty.
The engine has been designed to be used with Castrol and Ford Engine oil, which gives a fuel economy benefit while maintaining the durability of the engine.
Adding oil: If you are unable to find an oil that meets the specification defined by WSS-M2C950-A, you must use SAE 0W-30 that meets the specification defined by ACEA C2. Alternatively you can use SAE 5W-30 that meets the specification defined by WSS-M2C913-D or ACEA A5/B5.
Note:  Do not use more than 1  L of the alternative engine oil between scheduled service intervals.
Using oils other than the specified WSS-M2C950-A SAE 0W-30 can result in longer engine cranking periods, reduced engine performance, reduced fuel economy and increased emission levels.

7 hours ago, isetta said:

I have a 2015 1.5TDCI Fiesta. With it is a card produced by Ford with all of the 2015 ford models on it for 1.5tdci fiesta and focus it says recommended Castrol oil is 5/30 (it says FORD/00060 in corner)   But the handbook says it should be 0/30.  So not even the documents that came with the car clearly state what it should be. 

Adding oil: If you are unable to find an oil that meets the specification defined by WSS-M2C913-C or WSS-M2C948-B (gasoline and 1.6L diesel engines only), it is acceptable to use a SAE 5W-30 engine oil that is defined by ACEA A5/B5.
Adding oil: If you are unable to find an oil that meets the specification defined by WSS-M2C950-A (1.5L diesel engines only), it is acceptable to use a SAE 0W-30 engine oil that is defined by ACEA C2. Alternatively you can use SAE 5W-30 that meets the specification defined by WSS-M2C913-C or ACEA A5/B5.
Note:  Do not use more than 1  L of the alternative engine oil between scheduled service intervals.
Using oil and fluids that do not meet the defined specification and viscosity grade may lead to:
Component damage which may not be covered by the vehicle Warranty.
Longer engine cranking periods.
Increased emission levels.
Reduced engine performance.
Reduced fuel economy.
Degraded brake performance.

Thanks all for your help, I'll get some 0w30 oil orderd then. 

I did a check my service paperwork and it says 5w30 was used :s

Also says nothing in the book about 0w30 (dated 09/2014 on the back) image attached. 

Next gotta sort out the recall on this for the cam shafts sprocket thing. 

IMG_20170726_094531.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club