Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot problems!!!

Antisober552

Hi guys, 

I wonder if anyone can help me! I have a ford feista 2010 with A boot problem. Now I’ve had a look around on the forum and noticed that this is a known issue but my issue is completely different from the post that I’ve seen, so I’m hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction. 

So so my boot would open when I unlock the car as well as when I lock the car, doesn’t really open when I drive but when I put the car in reverse, the rear wiper comes on then my boot would pop open.

has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to fix this issue

kind regards

John Luke

"but when I put the car in reverse, the rear wiper comes on then my boot would pop open." 

do you mean only when you have the front wipers on?  i know that when you have front wipers on and put car in reverse then rear wiper comes on automatically. but ar you saying that rear wiper comes on when you reverse even when front wipers are not on

11 minutes ago, isetta said:

"but when I put the car in reverse, the rear wiper comes on then my boot would pop open." 

do you mean only when you have the front wipers on?  i know that when you have front wipers on and put car in reverse then rear wiper comes on automatically. but ar you saying that rear wiper comes on when you reverse even when front wipers are not on

No, it comes on randomly like all wipers would be off until I put the car in reverse and the rear wiper would come on. But also when I try to lock the car the rear wiper would move an inch or two then the boot would pop open and it’s the same when I unlock to.

At the most basic level it sounds like some wires might be pinched/crossed?

1 hour ago, MJNewton said:

At the most basic level it sounds like some wires might be pinched/crossed?

We will find out tomorrow as I’m going to take a good look at it, hopefully be able to temporarily sort something out as I have it booked into fords at the end of the month,,

So after doing some investigating I have noticed that the boot will open when I have the rear wiper on as well!!  Now I have checked the on board computer and found a few error codes but non which relate to the boot. Also the front wipers have stopped working. The errors are listed below..

errors.

Front wiper Park Position switch - Singal Stuck High

Front wiper intermittent data - Circuit Open

Vehicle Speed - Invaild data Received 

A little update!! 

So the rear wipers come on when in reverse if you have the front wipers on! Due to an issue with the front wipers I didn’t actually realise I had my front wipers on. 

So we can ignore this as it’s not an actual issue!!

Do you think my issue could be water in the boot switch which causes the boot to unlatch when I lock and unlock my car?

and I have no front wipers because of the front wiper park switch - can someone confirm this?

Update!!!

managed to fix the issue with my Ford Fiesta... the main problem was the white connector on the GEM module wasn’t seated properly. Reseated the connector and everything is working properly.

• 4 years later...

Hi

would you kindly put a pic for the GEM module and where to find it in Ford Fiesta 2016 MK 7 please?

Ah !! the "GEM" and where to find it ........ It's classified information I'm not sure we are allowed to tell you 🤣

OK, but don't tell anyone else.

It's part of the fusebox in the passenger compartment, behind the glovebox. It is a simple control module with some control integrated circuits and a few relays. On newer cars (Like yours) the GEM has been replaced by the Body Control Module (BCM) which is just a more complex controller but still part of the passenger compartment fusebox

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club