Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering wheels

Eddie78

Am sure it has been asked many a time, but what steering wheels fit my mk2.5 I want cruise control, I have read that the C max doesnt fit. what is the reason it does fit?

are there any other options mondeo's etc.....

It's not just a matter of fitting the steering wheel to get cruise, the car has to be reprogrammed using a modified elm cable, if you search for MK2.5 cruise control you'll find a whole lot of posts on the subject. 

I kept my original wheel and used a modified radio control switch I purchased from AliExpress.

Screenshot_20170820-123003.png

Despite the identical looks the C-max or Kuga MK1 steering wheels are different from the Focus MK2/MK2.5 steering wheels. The Focus MK2/MK2.5 airbag does not fit onto the C-max/Kuga MK1 steering wheel (and vice versa).

However it is possible to install a C-max or Kuga MK1 steering wheel into a Focus MK2/MK2.5 but you also need to install the C-max or Kuga MK1 airbag.

• Like 1

I can quite do the programming side so thats not a problem, so your saying if I have a complete c-max/kuga steering wheel it will fit? any issues with the clock or plugs? what about the air bags single stage 2 stage?  just there are a lot more c-max steering wheel available

from what I have seen the facelift c-max have the single stage airbags so that would be the one to go for

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2017 at 10:25 AM, wilto said:

It's not just a matter of fitting the steering wheel to get cruise, the car has to be reprogrammed using a modified elm cable, if you search for MK2.5 cruise control you'll find a whole lot of posts on the subject. 

I kept my original wheel and used a modified radio control switch I purchased from AliExpress.

Screenshot_20170820-123003.png

Hi mate,

im just wondering how easy was this to install and did you have any issues? I'm desperate for cruise control but not so sure on changing my steering wheel! 

Thank you. 

The radio control switch was the easy bit, the reprogramming of the cars ECU was the bit that nearly rendered the car useless. There are loads of pages on this conversion on here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/20/2017 at 10:25 AM, wilto said:

I know this is from a while ago but I was hoping for some guidance on how you did this! I can't find anybody else that has used the product from AliExpress.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club