Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Zetec Mk1

DAM13N

Good Evening,

In my Zetec i have dull black plastic interior door handles, id like to smarten them up with either chrome ones or silver (ST170) Ones... Ive seen them on a popular auction site we all know.

Are these easy to replace, if so any one know how to?

Any known problems in doing this?

Cheers

Damien

No they are a complete tw@t to change. Once you have the door card off the handle simply pulls from the door. Simple you'd think. It is, right to the point where you have to get the control cable out of the old handle. Be especially careful prising it out with a screwdriver cos you break that plastic too much holding it in and you're paying for a new cable too. Once its out the old one its as easy as just pushing it back into the new one. When I did mine I believe it took me about 4 hours. If you have manual winders on your back doors they can be a sod to get off too. I found holding the winder out with a screwdriver and inserting a set of long nosed pliers in the gap and pulling the clip out holding them on was easiest.

No they are a complete tw@t to change. Once you have the door card off the handle simply pulls from the door. Simple you'd think. It is, right to the point where you have to get the control cable out of the old handle. Be especially careful prising it out with a screwdriver cos you break that plastic too much holding it in and you're paying for a new cable too. Once its out the old one its as easy as just pushing it back into the new one. When I did mine I believe it took me about 4 hours. If you have manual winders on your back doors they can be a sod to get off too. I found holding the winder out with a screwdriver and inserting a set of long nosed pliers in the gap and pulling the clip out holding them on was easiest.

i can second that i did them for a mate thinking it would be a quick job thay were an absoloute pain my other mate wanted it instead we got moondust silver paint sprayed and laquered to match the rest of the dash i did see chrome covers for the interior that stuck on but i cant remember where the hell it was

ahh damn maybe the chrome covers may of been a easy option, oh well ive bought them now will spend the time assessing it before i rush bullet a gate. cheers folks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club