Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P1264 code

landy39

Can anyone point me where to start looking......

Fault code P1264-cylinder #4 high to low side fault.

2011 ford focus 1.6 tdci

many thanks in advance.

Injector fault.  Could be the injector or the wiring harness.

What did you read the code with?  FORScan or a generic reader?  It's not a common one as far as I can remember so might be a red herring if a generic fault reader.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

read with FORscan ...... runs like a bag of hammers and in limp mode.

In that case it probably is a knackered injector then lol...  

Seems a bit of a coincidence it's so close after spending all that time in the garage though.  Might be worth checking plugs are on properly and theres no wiring harness chafing etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yeah does seem a bit of a coincidence ..... just been out and checked the plugs and wiring ...nowt to see .... plugs all nice and tight ....no sign's of chafing ...... looks like it could be the injector ...... back to the garage ...but not the one it went into last time....lol .... don't you just love fords.

Ha, hopefully you'll have better luck with this garage!

At least you bought the newer 8v DV6...much more reliable than the older 16v version... :laugh: 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ha, hopefully you'll have better luck with this garage!

At least you bought the newer 8v DV6...much more reliable than the older 16v version... :laugh: 

the garage belongs to my step-brother though we don't talk ..... however he heard of my problem through my father and got in touch offering to recover to his, and charge me only what is needed to repair the car ..... and offer i'd be daft to refuse if i'm honest .... get's picked up Monday.

• Like 2

Well 320 quid lighter .....new injector fitted.... still a little problem with it ....fine on tick over but sputters when revved....get to 1500 and fine ....called the garage they recommend putting new fuel filter in ..back to the garage tomorrow it is then.

Question ...... does the ECU have to go through a learning "phase" when a new injector is fitted or should it just run fine.

As it gets warmer it gets better but on a morning it rattles bit like diesel knock till it warms up... 

• 2 years later...

just wondering if you had a fix for the problem with splutter around 1500 revs as i have had a new injector fitted to my ford and now it has the exact same symptoms as this one  spluttering at low revs  but no faults present i even fitted a new fuel filter

many thanks

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, johnnyboy996 said:

je me demandais juste si vous aviez une solution au problème de crachotement autour de 1500 tours car j'ai eu un nouvel injecteur monté sur ma gué et maintenant il a exactement les mêmes symptômes que celui-ci crachotement à bas régime mais aucun défaut présent j'ai même monté un nouveau filtre à carburant

Merci beaucoup

Hello, I have the exact same problem with the same error codes. Did you not have any other problems after changing the injector?
thank you

Did changing the fuel filter correct the problem?

Thank you