SuperG

2009 focus gear level spring

My gear stick won't return to the center position when in neutral. I've taken the gaiter off and can see that the spring isn't attached to anything? It appears it should connect to the white roller but I'm unsure how?

Therefore, how does it connect? Or is the spring broken and requires a new one, if so which spring? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

Hi,

Looks like the plastic bit which holds the spring has failed.   Not sure if this is part of the gear lever assembly or not.  I would visit your local ford dealer and show them the picture and see what parts are available.  From memory the gear lever assembly is expensive so you will probably be better finding one from an accident damaged focus with the same gearbox I am assuming its a petrol model. 

Thanks for your reply Jonathan. 

So the spring is fine it's just a plastic clip of some sort that holds it on the little roller. 

I've had a look on a few Ford parts websites but can't find one. I suspect they want you to buy a whole new assembly for £300.

I might try a couple of cable ties over the spring to see if that holds it in place.

If not then I'll pop to a garage to see if the part can be bought or try some reckers. 

Hi

The exact same thing has just happened to my Focus, Were you able to fix this yourself, or did you need to buy a new assembly.

Thanks