Sign in to follow this  
zain611

Boxing day

Thought I might ask but what is the story behind boxing day? I heard its a day where shops that took out their Christmas products begin to box them up

Since they would have to wait on their masters on Christmas Day, the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families.
The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts, bonuses, and sometimes leftover food.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Since they would have to wait on their masters on Christmas Day, the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families.
The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts, bonuses, and sometimes leftover food.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spot on.

Thought I might ask but what is the story behind boxing day? I heard its a day where shops that took out their Christmas products begin to box them up

It’s turned into the day that all the shops bring out their boxes of cream eggs now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

It’s turned into the day that all the shops bring out their boxes of cream eggs now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol cream eggs are my guilty pleasure. Only sweet Id get when I go food shopping :laugh: