Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting.

Liam40

Hi Everyone,

I’ve got a couple of question to ask!

Is Ambient Lighting standard on all trims of Focus’s? Is there a website that you could check up on a cars specifications to find out?

Thank you,

Liam.

Go to the Ford Etis site, register and enter the car reg.  Click on minor features, should bring up a list of has and hasn't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liam40 said:

Hi Everyone,

I’ve got a couple of question to ask!

Is Ambient Lighting standard on all trims of Focus’s? Is there a website that you could check up on a cars specifications to find out?

Thank you,

Liam.

Which Mk?

The Mk3 it's only standard on Titanium in red and multi-colour on Titanium X.

• Like 1

Multicolor Ambient Lighting is part of the Light upgrade Pack on all trim levels except ST/RS.

The Light Upgrade pack consists of Multicolor Ambient Lighting, HID headlights with cornering lights and LED taillights.

Single color Ambient Lighting is standard on the Titanium trim level and all trim levels that are based on the titanium trim level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Multicolor Ambient Lighting is part of the Light upgrade Pack on all trim levels except ST/RS.

The Light Upgrade pack consists of Multicolor Ambient Lighting, HID headlights with cornering lights and LED taillights.

Single color Ambient Lighting is standard on the Titanium trim level and all trim levels that are based on the titanium trim level.

No option in the UK.

Red is only available as standard fit on the Titanium and ST. 

Multi colour only on the Titanium x

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Which Mk?

The Mk3 it's only standard on Titanium in red and multi-colour on Titanium X.

Sorry It would be on a mk3.5 Alex.!

7 hours ago, Liam40 said:

Sorry It would be on a mk3.5 Alex.!

As above then, they didn't change it from MK3 to MK3.5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

As above then, they didn't change it from MK3 to MK3.5

So ambient lighting is standard in the mk3 & 3.5 in only the Titanium and above trim specs?

Liam.

Just now, Liam40 said:

So ambient lighting is standard in the mk3 & 3.5 in only the Titanium and above trim specs?

Liam.

Correct, Titanium and ST has red ambient lighting, Titanium X is multi-colour.

Zetec, Style, Zetec S, ST-Line, etc Have nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Correct, Titanium and ST has red ambient lighting, Titanium X is multi-colour.

Zetec, Style, Zetec S, ST-Line, etc Have nothing.

Thank you Alex for clarifying it for me.!

What's this ambient lighting supposed to do? I've turned mine off..  

3 minutes ago, rocket_111 said:

Just provides a soft glow of colour from various places at night.

Door pockets, door handles, overhead onto gearstick area, footwells, etc.

Oh, ok thanks. Might turn it back on, see if it gets the missus in the mood..:wink:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, rocket_111 said:

Oh, ok thanks. Might turn it back on, see if it gets the missus in the mood..:wink:

Lol, worries me driving through certain parts of town at night with a red glow...  Might attract some unwanted attention! :mellow:

But seriously, I don't see the difference it makes lol, took 2 years of owning the mk2 before I realised the red lights in the roof console were there for effect... :laugh:  I do kinda like the door handle ones in the mk3 though.

• Like 2

I’ve actually seen advertised a Focus Titanium 65 reg and I can’t see the tell tail signs of that red light strip above the door opening lever, so I assume it hasn’t got ambient lighting based on that. But I thought ambient lighting was standard on Titanium and above spec trims?

How important is ambient lighting to you all? Would you buy a car that doesn’t have it?

Liam.

Can always check the reg on etis to see what spec it has, but yeah Titaniums should all have it.  I don't really notice its there tbh, wouldn't bother me not to have it.  I had the mk2 2 years before noticing it had ambient lights lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Can always check the reg on etis to see what spec it has, but yeah Titaniums should all have it.  I don't really notice its there tbh, wouldn't bother me not to have it.  I had the mk2 2 years before noticing it had ambient lights lol.

I got onto the etis website, but iPad doesn’t support all the necessary Requirements with software. I’ve got a laptop but haven’t used it for a while, I’m frightened too just in case it starts downloading important windows updates then I won’t be able to use it for months whilst it updates itself 😂.

I suppose in a way it’s not important to have ambient lighting. But would you buy a car without DRLs. Would it bother you? 😉

Liam.

If you're interested in a car, message me the reg and I'll send you the spec list from etis.

Mine doesn't have DRLs lol...  It only became compulsory for new cars recently, mk3s didn't need them, only ones with xenon headlights got them so Titanium X or ST unless added as an option.

Doesn't bother me at all, can't say I'm a fan of them, though people on here have retrofitted them so it probably bothers them lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liam40 said:

I suppose in a way it’s not important to have ambient lighting. But would you buy a car without DRLs. Would it bother you? 😉

Liam.

I ate DRL's, too many folk driving about in the evening poor light and rain with no other lights on and the Dazzle is horrendous 

• Like 1

Well the alternative is too many folk driving around in the evening poor light and rain and NO lights on and you don't see them... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...
On 2/8/2018 at 11:07 AM, rocket_111 said:

How do I turn it in I used to have it but its not on now