Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated windscreen and washer jets ?

Cwatters

We're considering buying a new S-Max. Can anyone tell me if the Titanium has a heated windscreen and/or washer jets?

I can't find heated windscreen mentioned in the specs anywhere (ran a search on the pdf).

• 4 months later...

on my Focus Titanium the heater washer jets are awful.  Most of the water gets deposited at the sides of the windscreen   and immediately gets wiped off sideways due to the nature of the wipers.     When I try to find and alternative (and I don't mind if they are unheated)  I am always offered the same awful jets.   Does anyone know of any replacement jets (e.g. those from a mk 2/3 Focus ) that will replace these original ?  I want some that I can direct myself  so two adjustable holes on each are needed ! 

Thanks to anyone who can help ! 

• 4 weeks later...

These are adjustable with a small pin in the nozzels.  You can direct them up or down.

Also, these look to the be the same as on my 2006 Focus Mk2.  I replaced these ones with those from a Focus Mk3 which has the nicer fine mist spray.

No reason this wouldn't also be possible on the S-Max.

James.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2017 SMAX and think it's heated windscreen (HW) is crap! Our previous cars (mostly Skoda's) all had HW as an option. Start the car, press the button and within 20 seconds you can see singing is happening. In 1.5 minus, light snow is toast as is a heavily frosted windscreen.

In our SMax, light frost, 4 minutes and still the errors are skipping over the frost! Steamy windows when it's wet, no problem in the Skoda's, SMAX......... zero change, best turn the AC on then! Most definitely a waste of 💰!!

As for the washer jets, can't really complain as they do the job. 

PS: Ford have checked and tell me that the HW is working just as it should!! Slopey shouldered Cods wallop!

8 hours ago, blahde2 said:

I have a 2017 SMAX and think it's heated windscreen (HW) is crap! Our previous cars (mostly Skoda's) all had HW as an option. Start the car, press the button and within 20 seconds you can see singing is happening. In 1.5 minus, light snow is toast as is a heavily frosted windscreen.

In our SMax, light frost, 4 minutes and still the errors are skipping over the frost! Steamy windows when it's wet, no problem in the Skoda's, SMAX......... zero change, best turn the AC on then! Most definitely a waste of 💰!!

As for the washer jets, can't really complain as they do the job. 

PS: Ford have checked and tell me that the HW is working just as it should!! Slopey shouldered Cods wallop!

Your heated screen is not working properly should clear much faster than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be asking again as it really does take ages to do anything! We have put 2 x scrapers back in the car to help.

We can clear all the side windows (both sides) before the windscreen even looks like it's doing something. The back window clears quickly, but then that's the same in almost every car now a days.

Any idea what the fault could be?