Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3000 miles service light

Joe519

Hi all,

driving my car today (Ford Focus 1.5 st line x) when a message letting me know a service is due. The cars only done 2999 miles so wasn't expecting anything until a lot further down the line. I know ranger rovers have a 3000mile service but I've never experienced this with fords before?

Any advice would be great 

42 minutes ago, iantt said:

whats the actual message? 

Without going outside to check. On the centre display in the middle of the speedo cluster and orange info box popped up with something along the lines of service required/due 

1 hour ago, Joe519 said:

Hi all,

driving my car today (Ford Focus 1.5 st line x) when a message letting me know a service is due. The cars only done 2999 miles so wasn't expecting anything until a lot further down the line. I know ranger rovers have a 3000mile service but I've never experienced this with fords before?

Any advice would be great 

Do you know when the dealer first PDI'ed your car ?  

My car was serviced and I had a similar message. When I contacted the dealer I was told it was because my service was done early and the message was based on the anniversary due date  (They then told me now to reset it).

Just wondered if your car had been PDI'ed some time before being registered/sold.

I beleive it was done just before I received the car due to it being a factory order and then picking it up not long after it arrived at the dealers..what did you have to do to reset the message? 

service required is not an annual service reminder. normally its due to an emmisions fault detected. "oil service due" is normally the message for a service. 

to reset an annual service message, ign on and hold brake and accelerator pedal down until message dissapears. 

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

service required is not an annual service reminder. normally its due to an emmisions fault detected. "oil service due" is normally the message for a service. 

Ah Yes - Mine waa the "oil service due" message, which appeared two weeks after the oil was changed,

Been out to check again and the message has now cleared, will keep an eye on it for the next couple of days 

It's worth hooking it up to a computer as the orange service now warning would have left a code. A new car shouldn't be showing this!

• 3 weeks later...

Had this happen to me, Dealer just reset it... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club