Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6000 Cd Player Aux Location.

Chucky

Hi. I have a 56 zetec focus with the 6000 cd player and the aux button, but where would I find the plug for my iPod etc? I have checked the glove box and there is nothing in there? Any help would be great.

If you have an aux connection you would see it on the left side of your glove box.

There is a push out panel on the left side for fitting an airbag deactivation switch and to the right of it is a recessed flat piece which is where the aux socket would be.

AuxPlugLocation.jpg

If you want one fitted then you need part -Finis code 1426121

It's listed as for a Fiesta or Fusion but is the same fit for the Focus too.

You require a 20mm hole cutter and a small file to cut a locating notch.

The cable plugs into the quadlock on the radio connector.

Don't worry if there is already a connector block in the space as it's redundant.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-AUX-INPUT-MP3-ADAPTOR-CONNECTOR-/330554024540?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4cf68e225c

I'm actually getting mine fitted this week.

Thanks for that information. i seen the link you gave me and i have added it to my watch list. just need to know how to remove the cd player now. :)

Many thanks

Thanks for that information. i seen the link you gave me and i have added it to my watch list. just need to know how to remove the cd player now. :)

Many thanks

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item23154594b6

4 keys inserted into the slots as shown below - flat parts of tools facing outwards.

key1.jpg?t=1329097172

radio1.jpg

Be awate that the keys can be a bit tight and can't be removed fron the radio until it's clear of the fascia - i found it was easiest to use a screwdriver to lift the spring out of the key notches.

The cable connector is a quadlock at the back of the radio- lift the catch and slide free from the radio - needs a bit of jiggling as it can be tight.

Don't forget the aerial cable too - both removing and refitting - a pain if you put the radio back in and find you forgot it, believe me i've done it.

images2.jpg

The connector block will look pretty much like this, the one to replace has only 3 wires going to it (where the green c block is shown but will not likely be green but black or white.

images1-1.jpg

There's a small catch to one side to release the c block.

If there is one already in there you can remove it and replace it with the new one.

Run cable to mounting point using the cable ties supplied but not too tight so as to allow removal of the radio - too tight and everything will snag and pull.

Drill hole for aux plug and it clips into place - do not push the plug parts together before mounting or you will never get them apart again without having to destroy it, the locking clips are under a sleeve on the plug and once clipped together lock in place.

Hope i've been helpful and best of luck.

Once again, thank you for your help. I will order the parts and get on with it. I just don't understand why the plug is not there in the first place?

Cheers 😃

before unplugging your headunit, ensure you have your radio unlock code. Mine was located in the owner manuals sets and on the radio itself.

EDIT: i fitted an aux cable to mine, very easy to do.

Once again, thank you for your help. I will order the parts and get on with it. I just don't understand why the plug is not there in the first place?

Cheers

Typical Ford i'm afraid, strange that there is a designated place to put the socket, a space to put the cable into the radio but no Aux cable listed on their computer.

Not very forward thinking really.

before unplugging your headunit, ensure you have your radio unlock code. Mine was located in the owner manuals sets and on the radio itself.

Very good point, forgot to mention that myself.

EDIT: i fitted an aux cable to mine, very easy to do.

True, hardest part is drilling the hole straight.

I was advised to use a diamond dust tile drill as it is less harsh than a hole cutter.

It grinds the hole rather than ripping the plastic.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club