Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling From Engine Bay

fremyjay

Hiya guys new to the forum, basically i own a glanza v which is currently in process of being forged so brought a 2009 1.25 fiesta to run around in for work ect., over the last few weeks i have been getting a few rattling sounds from the engine bay which happens over rough ground and any bump now matter how small, its getting rather annoying as you could probably guess, ive checked the droplinks, springs and sorted the rattling water reservoir, bonnet and air filter, but im still getting rattling noises and im lost as to what it could be, sorry for the massive paragraph and thanks in advance for any help

Could it be the bearings gone in the shocks/springs ?

It doesnt sound like it, just took it for a drive again and it sounds like something heavy thats rattling now that i have got rid of the rest of the noises, but cant see anything that it could be

U proberly allready checked but ball joints,track rid ends ? Wheel bearings ? Just thinking of general things

Yeah all checked, only went through mot a month ago and no advisories either, its got me scratching my head :unsure:

U check Flexi bit of exhaust near the cat has there been any work done to the car maybe bracket not put on right

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Checked exhaust but going to get it back up on ramp again just too double check, only thing thats been done was brake pads before i brought it mate

So ur driving along hit bit rough road an u hear rattle do u have to be going fast or does happen at low speeds aswell which area do u think it's coming from what's ur mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Right ive just taken her out for a drive and all the little rattles are sorted but the big rattle persists, im swayed to it being the suspension or bottom arms, just uploading a video will throw the link up in a minute

Heres a video ive just taken and sorry my injectors are as noisy as hell

1stly nice smooth ride jay bit nosiey but im glad to say you passed your test lol.... I think its sumat to do with suspention myself

Haha thanks fella, yeah im going to have to get the suspension off when im off work next, nothing seems to be loose when its jacked up so we will see and report back i think :)

If it is the bearing gone on the top of the suspension arm that takes sum doin i watched a bloke do 1 couple weeks ago in the yard i used to work out of but he had the gear to do it with

Right update, it doesnt rattle under braking so its got to be the pads as they were fitted just before i got the car so its going back to the garage for them to sort it out :)

Ooh, could be something like the pad retaining spring not re-fitted properly, or something like that? I did this on a previous car - Didn't notice the rattling straight away, so took me a little while to figure out what the problem was! Doh!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club