Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please

HEATHER

Hi, I have a 56 plate 1.8 tdci and over the past 3 months I have had a clunck comming from the rear of the car

(Drivers side I think). I happens inermiantly and is driving me nuts.

When it happens I am driving at low speeds 10-25mph not cornering, going over uneven road surfaces but they don't have to be massive pot holes or speed bumps. Sometimes it can be a single clunk other times it can be two or three in a row but as i say it doesn't happen all the time. It happened today for the first time in 3 weeks, and for the first time it happened when i was going round a roundabout then stop again.

I have emptied the boot and tighted the spare and checked the jack etc.. nothing roling around. I have had it to three garages now and because it doesnt always happen, I think they don't belve me both have checked the car and but can't find anything.

Any Ideas would be welcome.

it could be several things, loose exhaust bracket,suspension spring or bush, antiroll bar bushes,without inspection its hard to pinpoint.

it could be several things, loose exhaust bracket,suspension spring or bush, antiroll bar bushes,without inspection its hard to pinpoint.

ive found a common symptom for rear clunks when a front spring has snapped most people replace just the snapped spring on the front so one side has a new spring the other an old one when load is applied to the old spring cornering add that to the force the new spring has pushing and you actually get one of the rear springs rattling in its cup though in youre case ide have the rear checked could be worn bushes or even an anti roll bar drop link though if it isnt doing it all the time it will be hard to trace till it gets worse im afraid

This sounds a bit daft but have you checked the rear wheel nuts it only takes one to be a bit lose to make a wheel knock, it happend on mine, it makes the wheel flexs and knock at low speeds its worth a look..

This sounds a bit daft but have you checked the rear wheel nuts it only takes one to be a bit lose to make a wheel knock, it happend on mine, it makes the wheel flecks and knock at low speeds its worth a look..

i had that kind of noise as well from my focus and it did turn out to be a loose wheel nut so it is worth while checking that,and cheek them ever month or so to make sure they are safe especially if u do a lot of mileage

This sounds a bit daft but have you checked the rear wheel nuts it only takes one to be a bit lose to make a wheel knock, it happend on mine, it makes the wheel flecks and knock at low speeds its worth a look..

i had that kind of noise as well from my focus and it did turn out to be a loose wheel nut so it is worth while checking that,and check them every month or so to make sure they are safe especially if u do a lot of mileage

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club