Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Focus 1.6 Tdci Problems...

foo_addict

Hi all,

On a recent trip the car started making a funny noise. It sounded as if it was coming from the radiator/intercooler area. The noise kicked in all of a sudden and would stay present whilst the radiator fan was running after the ignition was switched off. Took a short video of the sound on my phone while it was held in front of the grill at the front of the car, please listen at the link below...

Took the car to my local dealer today and they did some checks and said the Turbo has gone. I have no other problems other than this sound that has happened two or three times in the last couple of weeks

The garage says that they can fit a new turbo but it will most likely blow again in a month or two - they say only a completly new engine and turbo will fix it.

Is this something anyone has heard before? If the turbo was that broken would I not be suffering loss of power?

The car is a 2007, has only covered 34k and has full ford service history.

Any advice appreciated,

Adam

Not yet, but will be £5-6k at this dealer for new engine + turbo.

Apparently there is 'swarf' in the engine from the faulty turbo that (in most cases) even an engine flush will not completely remove!

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Surely if the noise is still present whilst the fan is running but the engine is off, then it's a problem with the fan?

i agree if the engine is switched off, then cant be engine fault/turbo as they cease to run after stopped!!! sounds like bearing on something- radiator???

get a 2nd opinion mate-definately not engine related!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club