Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

I know i'm stating the obvious but you did try and test it while driving ?

Yes I did, I tested it in various speeds and nothing. I'm starting to suspect that PCM module does also need to be reconfigured as somebody already stated and ELMConfig cannot do that, et least yet...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Yes, I read the russian forums using Google Translate and indeed three modules needs to be reconfigured for cruise control:

GEM
HEC
PCM

Using ELMConfig or ELM-FF2 only first two can be reconfigured. Bugger. It seems I need to visit Ford dealer...

#93 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Maybe civil-zz will update the PCM function soon or is working on it , goto his forum and ask when /if he intends to activate the PCM tab in ELMconfig

#94 mason570

mason570

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: tom
  • Ford Model: ford focus ST
  • Year: 2006

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Just a quick question. I want to fit the 3 spoke steering wheel to my car. Will the airbag from my current 4 spoke steering wheel fit the 3 spoke cover or will i need a whole new airbag kit? Car is 2006 ford focus by the way. Thanks :)

#95 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,994 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

I do believe the airbags are exactly the same, you just need to swap the covers over which requires a bit of butchering to remove the old one.

#96 Pidu

Pidu

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0 AT
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just a quick question. I want to fit the 3 spoke steering wheel to my car. Will the airbag from my current 4 spoke steering wheel fit the 3 spoke cover or will i need a whole new airbag kit? Car is 2006 ford focus by the way. Thanks :)

You will need only airbag cover:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item35b1c482f6

Very good price BTW (postage included).

#97 Paul-S

Paul-S

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Robert
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk4
  • Year: 2009

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Great walkthrough Pidu, been looking for a steering wheel for a few weeks now, those wheels are rarer than unicorns.

Cheers
Paul-S

#98 Pidu

Pidu

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0 AT
Contributor

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Standard 3-spoke? Really? In this case I have to bring next time my 3-spoke leather steering wheel to UK for sale :)

#99 civil-zz

civil-zz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Sergey
  • Ford Model: FFII

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hello!
For CC activation you have to perform changes in three modules - GEM, HEC (IC) and PCM. ELMConfig is able to work only with GEM and HEC. I can tell you why. There are some differences btw CONFIGURATION and REPROGRAMMING. configuration is mean that you only change some storage parameters in module nonvolatile memory. And reprogramming is mean that you totally erase all controller microprogram with it's calibration and parameters, and then write back a new one with new parameters which you want to change. So, all modules in Ford Focus can be configured excluding PCM, it need a reprogram to change a work parameters (it' s exactly so, it was performed by module developers for reasons unknown to me). Configuration is relatively simple procedure, but reprogramming requires special skills and i don't have them yet. IDS can do both procedures and for end user there is no differences, but for third-party developer it's a huge one.

#100 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hello!
For CC activation you have to perform changes in three modules - GEM, HEC (IC) and PCM. ELMConfig is able to work only with GEM and HEC. I can tell you why. There are some differences btw CONFIGURATION and REPROGRAMMING. configuration is mean that you only change some storage parameters in module nonvolatile memory. And reprogramming is mean that you totally erase all controller microprogram with it's calibration and parameters, and then write back a new one with new parameters which you want to change. So, all modules in Ford Focus can be configured excluding PCM, it need a reprogram to change a work parameters (it' s exactly so, it was performed by module developers for reasons unknown to me). Configuration is relatively simple procedure, but reprogramming requires special skills and i don't have them yet. IDS can do both procedures and for end user there is no differences, but for third-party developer it's a huge one.

Thanks civil-zz, your explanation makes sense! So it seems that activating cruise control does require visit to garage having Ford IDS or similar hardware and software. Too bad as my local Ford mechanic would charge enormous money for the job (EUR 160) :(

#101 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Thank you civil-zz for that explanation.........have you any plans to do other models of Ford in the future ?

#102 redholt

redholt

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCI Zetec

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Anyone tried this with a GEM ending in AA. Had a look tonight but my Gem is different to the one in the tutorial. I've included a picture if anyone can shed some light on it. It's a Zetec diesel 55 plate.

http://db.tt/cyrojetF

#103 civil-zz

civil-zz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Sergey
  • Ford Model: FFII

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

have you any plans to do other models of Ford in the future ?

It's not clear. Now I'm working over Focus 3/Mondeo 4 but can't promise when it be possible to make a release..

@redholt,
Photo is too cut, but elements position is some strange. You can use ELMConfig for detection module part number or find it on box. If it *M5T-14A073-**, you can work with it

#104 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Anyone tried this with a GEM ending in AA. Had a look tonight but my Gem is different to the one in the tutorial. I've included a picture if anyone can shed some light on it. It's a Zetec diesel 55 plate.

http://db.tt/cyrojetF

That looks like engine bay fuse / relay box ..? Maybe i'm wrong.

#105 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Sounds good civil-zz .........Mondeo 4 is same as S Max ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users