Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Police Just Stopped Me

suddste

Well, not exactly

I pulled over to check my phone on an small A road on an evening at 2AM (left engine running). After about 10 mins waiting there a police toyota pickup truck pulled beside me and got me to wind down the window. I suspect they were seeing if I was smoking drugs in the car. They said alright mate, I said alright and they seemed suspicious, I just said I pulled over to check my phone then went ok then drove off.

I was slightly worried as I had left the engine running which technically they can still get you for driving using a mobile phone.

Pretty interesting that it took that short a time for police to turn up. Nothing was wrong but i was a little scared.

I wonder if things like this has happened before to other people?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stoney871

• NorthSussex

• TDCiST

• jeebowhite

i got pulled over(few years ago) in my old meastro van at 1.30am,my m8 was fast asleep in the passenger seat,we were doing a load of overtime(chippys).1st thing they asked as soon as i stopped was 'have you been drinking sir as i can smell alcohol'.

no you !Removed! cant said i,

oh must be your m8 then,NO THINK YOU NEED A CHECK UP AT YOUR DOCTORS,if you can smell drink.

this went on for about 10 mins,when i said i dont mind being pulled over if you had just said you looked suss and we wanted to tug you,but comming out with crud like that wound me up a tad.

while this was going on the site agent came passed wetting himself,pulled over and said to the 2 lady police officers 'you want to nick em,theyve been in the pub all day' then the git drove off.luckily they saw the funny side checked the van out etc and let us go our merry way.

They are being pro-active, it's a good thing :)

They are being pro-active, it's a good thing :)

i cant comment on the Police but the ones over here are Wasting tax payers money on fuel, and hiding behind SOS phone box's on the motorways with speed cameras in ther hands,

hammering the working class people while the others have no intention of working stay in bed until 2pm then go robbing houses while the working class are in their jobs, trying to earn a living then get a phone call to say their house has been burgled,

speed home to check the place and get a ticket from the guy hiding behind a phone box with a speed camera,

end result we caught you speeding home and fine you but the guy who robbed your house well we didnt cath him so easy,

probably just checking you out! at least their patroling, i hate the plod mate, their nowhere to be seen by mine,

probably just checking you out! at least their patroling, i hate the plod mate, their nowhere to be seen by mine,

O yes.

I hear their "customers" don't like the police.

< Double checks locking wheel nuts. :P

O yes.

I hear their "customers" don't like the police.

< Double checks locking wheel nuts. :P

haha i dont even have any on mine so there :ph34r:

haha i dont even have any on mine so there :ph34r:

No lockers?

In Liverpool?

Behave yourself !! lol

i havn't locked my car for the 2yr ive had it, seriously they dont rob your wheels round here. they just ken your pad when ya in bed an take ya car with keys. Horrible fella

Well, not exactly

I pulled over to check my phone on an small A road on an evening at 2AM (left engine running). After about 10 mins waiting there a police toyota pickup truck pulled beside me and got me to wind down the window. I suspect they were seeing if I was smoking drugs in the car. They said alright mate, I said alright and they seemed suspicious, I just said I pulled over to check my phone then went ok then drove off.

I was slightly worried as I had left the engine running which technically they can still get you for driving using a mobile phone.

Pretty interesting that it took that short a time for police to turn up. Nothing was wrong but i was a little scared.

I wonder if things like this has happened before to other people?

Parked up with the engine running at 2am, I would certainly give you a tug, that's what police patrols are paid to do; keep the public safe. Glad they gave you a clean bill of health and let you on your way. :P

I have never liked the police, nothing to do with the job they do but their attitude. I have been pulled many times, mostly in my teens but its how they think they can speak to you.

I have no issue with them pulling up as you were stopped in a strange place so they might have wanted to check you were ok. When they start asking all the questions and so on, is what gets on my wick. I've got tax, insurance and an mot so I can drive on any road at any time as far as I'm concerned. I am usually very sarcastic with them as I have nothing to hide - usually gets right on their nerves.

If you do feel hassled though, get their number and ask their name and tell them you are going to put a complaint in for hassling you going about your own business.

I'm starting to get a persecution complex. :unsure:

I feel so unloved :(

It's ok stoney!! I'm here for ya fella!!!

It's ok stoney!! I'm here for ya fella!!!

Same dude :)

Same dude :)

me too :)

Just to say, the police that talked to me seemed to have no attitude, they seemed alright

Last time I got stopped by the police I managed to get them to blush :-) when they started asking heaps of questions I said I got you to stop me cause I think your hot and wondered if we can date lol they soon let me on my way xx

I feel better now.

:)

Yourself and NorthSussex are ok and im sure TDCiST will be after a year in the service too :D

Cheers Lenny, we're just a cross section of society like anyone else - some good and some bad.

Yourself and NorthSussex are ok and im sure TDCiST will be after a year in the service too :D

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lenny, we do our best and like to be loved like the rest of you. :rolleyes: As for Gemma giving her a tug is one of the perks of the job. :wub:

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lenny, we do our best and like to be loved like the rest of you. :rolleyes: As for Gemma giving her a tug is one of the perks of the job. :wub:

You smooth talking rogue. :P

You smooth talking rogue. :P

:P :P

I need to be careful what i say because they're pretty much everywhere around here and well i believe in Karma.

As soon as i start moaning about them i can guarantee id get pulled or something crazy today.

I need to be careful what i say because they're pretty much everywhere around here and well i believe in Karma.

As soon as i start moaning about them i can guarantee id get pulled or something crazy today.

I'm sure you're a law abiding type of fella so you'll have nothing to fear. ;)