• 2,406 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

tonight i seem to be having an issue with a bit of steam

2013-03-01181357.jpg

either the back aint clicked in properly (its tight)

or me breather tubes i glued on aint working

Edited by Brigante, 04 March 2013 - 01:11 AM.
minor swear words

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#422 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

not really a mod but i've just got myself one of these in case of emergencies

seems quite a good piece of kit for the price n quite rugged too

it'll jump start your car, inflate your tyres

got a 12v supply to charge your phone etc

and it's got a decent ish led work/emergency light on it too

anyone else got one of these?

#423 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

oh yeah, since getting black head lights, the rear clusters are winding me up being clear

so i've been looking at either these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27cec8187c

or maybe these as replacements

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a68e2e330

whats everyone reckon?

also, the front ends really annoying me now. gonna be a while till i can fit an st front bumper (if i ever do) so for now i'm thinking about colour coding the fog surrounds, and getting rid of the chrome of the grill. either colour code panther black or maybe even carbon dip if i get round to it.

comments welcome

also if anyone can recommend me some small ish mods to crack on with that'll be great

#424 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Looks a good piece of kit alright mate, was it expensive? Let's hope you never need to use it much!  I had to get a battery charger recently for work for charging 12V deep cycle batteries. Couple of my sites struggled through winter to get a full recharge through the solar panel, so got one of these chargers and an extra few batteries so I can always keep charged ones installed. Anyway...

I'd def go with the black rears mate, really like them myself. Think on your black motor they'd be a must too over the chrome ones...you have your fog/reverse fly-eyed too don't you? Mind you, if you can get a deal off Sal on his then go for it, haha!

Bit of colour coding on the front end would make a massive difference too. And an MS design front bumper valance would also be a good compromise over a full ST bumper, but they can be hard to come by!

#425 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

only cost 30quid i think mate n it appears to do everything so its a great thing to keep in the boot. but like you say i hope i never actually have to use it lol

which of the 2 sets of black rear clusters do you think looks best mate? think i'm siding slightly towards the techno ones as i'm not sure if the smoked ones look dark enough going by the listing photo. but as you say sal's got some going so i may get em off him, really wanna see them exact ones fitted thoughso i can make a proper judgment

yes mate i've got the rear fog/reverse lights fly eyed. i did have the rear clusters fly eyed but i had to remove it the other day when i cleaned the car. its supposed to be durable n hard wearing, n even removable n reusable.. it isn't <_<

there was a load of little bits missing where it hadn't weathered well so it didnt look very good n just looked messy. ended up removing the lights again n bring them inside cause its really sticky stuff n wouldnt come off easy. took ages removing it all in little bits

still got it on the reverse lights though cause i aint got round to removing it. but what i may do is buy some black rear clusters n fly eye the third brake light too. may fly eye the front fogs

i'm contemplating whether to buy some new front bumper moulding that are already primed n spray em black so i can still drive round with the original ones fitted while the new ones dry. or just spray my own. really wanna spray the grill but it'll have to be when i'm not planning on using the car for a day or 2

#426 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Ah sorry mate, I just took a quick glance at the photos and thought the first ones were black and second set chrome, didn't read that they were smoked. In that case, either would look well, but I still think the darker ones would be nicest. I know what you mean about wanting to see them fitted though, any luck through Google images or anything?

That's a pity about the fly-eye. I had to remove tint-glue from my rear windows and windscreen recently, horrible job.

I should finally be getting my ST kit on in the next fortnight mate, I was gonna try and salvage any of the smaller parts off the old bumpers and let them dispose of the bumpers themselves. Was gonna take off the front and rear bumper valances, rear plastic insert, fog surrounds and grille. Was thinking someone could have them on the cheap to have a stab at colour coding if you're interested.

#427 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

aint had much luck on looking for photos on google

jammy git on the st kit mate. i'd love to finish mine off but talking over a grand maybe 2 of parts so i dunno if its worth it on a high mileage car. it only cost me 2.7k in the first place

how much would you want for the old grill then mate? maybe the fog surrounds too. theres been plenty of grills going on ebay but i aint paying them prices for em

#428 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

was looking forward to a productive day today and was planning on getting some carbon dipping done, but i seem to be having problems with the new dipping film i've got and it doesnt wanna float on the water properly

so instead i decided to colour code my grill. for now i just sprayed the chrome but i may end up spraying the inside as well

it's hard to tell from the photo cause the poor lighting makes it look a bit poo

but its actually panther black finished off with a high gloss lacquer. its got a nice smooth covering to it and does look like a professional job. really pleased with it

i was gonna also do the bumper mouldings/fog surrounds but i couldn't get hold of a flexible plastic primer

#429 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

looking great mate!

I did this to my mk1.5 focus grille. looked completely different!

#430 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Nice one mate, does look loads better n the chrome was really annoying me

Also since posting this photo I've been back in the garage and sprayed the rest of it lol so it's currently outside drying

#431 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

how much would you want for the old grill then mate? maybe the fog surrounds too. theres been plenty of grills going on ebay but i aint paying them prices for em

Sorry mate, didn't see this post at all in my New Content... wouldn't be lookin much at all, just postage covered really if the parts were any good to anyone on here.

Looks like you're sorted now anyway though having gone ahead with the spraying. Looks a good job on the grille, will be good to see pics of the front end with the colour coded bits on and black lights.

#432 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
Contributor

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

how much do you think postage would be for the lot any way mate? may still take em off you

#433 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Honestly wouldn't know pal. I posted a Mondeo grille one time, think it was £10.50. I'd say these bits might be a bit heavier, but couldn't be much and would be similar dimensions.

Sure I'll let you know what parts I end up with and take it from there. As said, could be a couple of weeks yet anyway so I'll keep you informed.

#434 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Heres the sprayed grill fitted anyway

Missus don't like it n proffered the chrome

But I think it looks loads better and butches up the front end loads

Now I just need to get round to spraying the fog surrounds n it'll be lookin a lot more stealthy n go nicely with the head lights

#435 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Heres the sprayed grill fitted anyway

2013-03-07155404.jpg

Missus don't like it n proffered the chrome

But I think it looks loads better and butches up the front end loads

Now I just need to get round to spraying the fog surrounds n it'll be lookin a lot more stealthy n go nicely with the head lights

Hmm, not sure how I feel about it... I like the chrome. Just looks like a lower trim level now that gets the plastic grill instead of the chrome.

Also, your car's beginning to look like a black and white picture of itself! No blue badge and now no chrome lol. Just smoke your indicators and it'll look like a silent movie Focus!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users