Photo
- - - - -

Yes The Car's In Warrenty Sir, But That'll Be 900.

Turboless 1.4 TDCI

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 gregers

gregers

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Name: greg
  • Ford Model: smax titainium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

also contact someone like auto express they seem to hold a bit of clout over the stealers.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 eyemdee

eyemdee

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Automatic
  • Year: 2011

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Another route is to ask Honest John (http://www.honestjohn.co.uk) for advice as I understand they also have a helpful legal team.

#18 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,703 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Will do, gonna be after Christmas now tho. Thanks for all the useful advice

#19 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well I rang Ford Customer Relations earlier today and the operator said she would have thought that would have been covered by warrenty but she wasn't the expert so put me through to the customer relations head office.

Spoke to another lady who took all the details and put me on hold while she rang my dealership.
She then confirmed that the dealer said "they took photos and sent them to Ford's warrenty department for approval, but they rejected the issue as said it was not due to a manufacturing fault - so therefore quoted the price for a Ford replacement etc which was £900.00".

I said yeah I know this, thats what they told us, what I'm confused about is why it isn't covered by warrenty - the cars less that 3 years old, got around 52,000 miles on it and owned by a 60+ year old driving instructor, not some boy racer who trashes it about.

(I had FOC open to use like a script while on the phone and said);
So are you saying the warranty on Turbo's is only valid for 50,000 miles, or are you saying we have damaged it somehow? Because the Supply of Goods Act states: "Goods supplied by traders must be 'as described', 'fit for their purpose' and of 'satisfactory quality'. Basically, they should be safe, durable and free from faults or defects. If a trader breaches these laws then you could have a right to a refund, repair or replacement".
Warranty should cover the part as it's not been durable and of a satisfactory quality to last til
the end of the car's warrenty, (and the cars been serviced as required and looked after). I wouldn't have thought the turbo would be classed as comsumable part like pads or bulbs?

She said well I understand how you feel but at the moment all we know is the warrently section rejected it as it wasn't a manufacturing issue, but as this isn't much of a responce for a customer I'll contact the warrenty team for some more information - however their initial decison is very rarely overturned.

So she took my contact details and gave me a reference number and contact number and said she'll call back in a day or two.

I added that I was really disappointed that Ford were trying to wipe their hands of our issue again, as they've also done with a problem on our other fiesta, and that I was losing faith in the brand and couldn't see us purchasing from them again.

I mentioned seeking legal advise through our bank or breakdown recovery and she said well that would be entirely up to yourself (as I knew they'd say - but just wanted to drop that in there anyway).

(I was calm and polite throughout the call by the way, and the lady was nice to deal with, but we'll see what response her return phone call brings).
I'll probaly put this in writting to them too as the helpful things above you guys told me to say won't have been noted or recorded on a call. Working in customer services myself at the moment, I know a complaint by letter can often hold a little more weight than a phone call.

Cheers again, I'll keep you's updated.

Paul :unsure:

#20 NorthSussex

NorthSussex

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Stormin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Petrol manual
  • Year: 2009

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

You are doing all the correct things to resolve this dispute with Ford. Good luck.

#21 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Essential that you put your complaint in writing and keep a copy of course. Be polite as you have already been.

#22 jimrex

jimrex

• FOC Supporters
  • 572 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Just a thought Paul, but I wonder if they might try and wriggle out of it by arguing that because it's a driving instructor's car, it suffers a higher level of abuse and therefore not their problem? I don't know if that is a valid argument, but it might be worth checking the small print of the warranty in case there is a clause that states something about normal usage.

I'm sure they'll use any excuse they can not to stump up for warranty work so just make sure you do know the ins and outs the warranty... and good luck :)

#23 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, I'll check that out too, thanks.

Why can't we just win the lottery and get a new car

#24 gregers

gregers

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Name: greg
  • Ford Model: smax titainium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

you dont need to,you just want them to honour the warranty they have given on the car.
dunno if there is a dedicated forum on the net for your car?but try searching to see if the problem has been posted before,

i always thought no matter what,if the car is serviced when necessary then its covered?regardless of mileage incurred in a short time.

#25 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Just a thought Paul, but I wonder if they might try and wriggle out of it by arguing that because it's a driving instructor's car, it suffers a higher level of abuse and therefore not their problem? I don't know if that is a valid argument, but it might be worth checking the small print of the warranty in case there is a clause that states something about normal usage.

I'm sure they'll use any excuse they can not to stump up for warranty work so just make sure you do know the ins and outs the warranty... and good luck :)

Worth checking but unlikely I would have thought. Ford would be implying that that the Fiesta is not a good car for driving schools which we know is far from true. They would definitely want to keep that under their hat so the more publicity you can give this case the better.

#26 Ecoboost125

Ecoboost125

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0T 100 Titanium X 3dr
  • Year: 2014

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

What was the end result in this case?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#27 cicobuff

cicobuff

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: Nick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 Ecotec Mk7.5

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

I am wondering this, after reading this thread nearly 2 years after it was posted there was no follow up conclusion?!

#28 PaddyWhack

PaddyWhack

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name: paddy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

Knowing ford it's probably an on going issue still..

#29 dmizz93

dmizz93

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

I'm interested too.. Had the same problem.. car was 6 years old and had 80k but it's been said the mk6+ facelift along with all cars of the same age from Citroen and Peugeot. Something to do with the engine design.. Injector seals going led to loads of carbon in and around engine and turbo.. Blocking the sump and knackering both at once!

Put us out of our misery please!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

#30 kevzs960

kevzs960

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s
  • Year: 2007

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

Well after cutting his losses and getting rid of his disastrous corsa a few years back in favour for a Fiesta 1.4 TDCi, my dad has been landed with an eye-watering bill before christmas.

He's a driving instructor and recently him and his pupils have noticed his fiesta doesn't have that burst of power when accelerating when the turbo would usually kick in. Basically his mechanic friend had a look and confirmed the turbo needed replacing and said to take it to a dealership as its still in warrently (2.5yrs old / 52,000 miles).
So spoke to his dealership friend who agreed the turbo had gone and said they'd have to send pics to Ford for them to approve the work under warrenty - however Ford have replied saying it isn't a manufacturing fault so it'll be £900 to replace.

Obviously this isn't what we need on a nearly new car, at christmas, the quietiest time of year work-wise.

Can anyone reccomend any cheaper non-ford replacements suitable for his fiesta please?
Also has anyone had this issue before?

Cheers

Paul

What is your service history? Exact miles and dates? You are allowed 10% on milage for warranty issues that service intervals are expected. Which in your case it is as the turbo is fed by oil.

So say you was supposed to have your car serviced at 12500 (normal service interval) and you get it serviced at 15000 miles. Your powertrain (everything engine related) warranty is void. But you can get the service interval back in track.

Say you habe done 15k miles on first service. Your next one should still be at 24-25k to keep it within warranty.

Could be a reason as to why the claim was rejected. If you havnt serviced the car to manufacturs spec that could be a reason. Or if there is evidence of modification that is a result on its failure could be an issue.

Im not accusing just sayin as so many people dont realise what warranty means on cars now a days. Just becuase it has warranty it does not mean everything is covered for the 3 year. Things can only be covered for 1 year (this is being changed now).

Its a pain in the backside when you have to diagnose the vehicle which is within warranty as you have to do certian things in a certian order and all to fords guidelines

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users