• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 bprecey

bprecey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec TDCI

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hello again people. I have visited a local garage and they were very kind and gave me a free diagnostic. The car has come up with four fault codes. Could anyone offer any further advice given my issues with the sudden power loss. The first one is P0087 - Fuel rail/system pressure too low. 2. P1180 Fuel delivery system low. 3. P1551 Injector circuit cylinder 1 out of range. 4. P2459 (DPF) Number of DPF regeneration cycles too high. Thanks in advance......

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,968 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus CMAX 1.6 CVT TDCI
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Moving this thread to the Focus sub forum, as its not Servicing or MOT related :)

#33 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,968 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

That combination of error codes sounds to be to possibly be a duff sensor, or a fuel filter clog that is causing those errors to combine. I think the low fuel is causing the diesel it burn improperly, letting deposits out and clogging the dpf... Because of this, the engine is forcing a regen more than it should be.

When was the last time the EOLYS fluid was topped up? or did I miss it in the thread...

#34 bprecey

bprecey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I

That combination of error codes sounds to be to possibly be a duff sensor, or a fuel filter clog that is causing those errors to combine. I think the low fuel is causing the diesel it burn improperly, letting deposits out and clogging the dpf... Because of this, the engine is forcing a regen more than it should be.

When was the last time the EOLYS fluid was topped up? or did I miss it in the thread...

Hi thank you for your help. I have no idea about the EOLYS as I've only owned the car six months. It hasn't been looked at as far as I'm aware. The last two days the power loss issue has gone. So a faulty sensor is entirely possible. Is it likely to be expensive to fix if it is that? I've nervously booked the car in to a Ford dealer for them to take a look. Typical if they can't reproduce the issue as its temporarily stopped doing it!

#35 Carl0s

Carl0s

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Another vote for clogged fuelfilter... Doesent need to be much, few drops of water is enough to mess up whit it :)

For the display, i have the same "small obc" and it stays on, when you turn the engine off, and goes out when you lock the doors. But when you open the doors, it lights up.

So, if your alarm goes off when the doors automaticly relock, there must be something jinxed, for somereason when the doors lock, the GEM thinks that the door lock pulse is actualy door open, causing the cluster to light up, and the alarm to go off.

This could be bug in the GEM, or faulty doorlock module. :/ Dont know how fords door lock module is made, but if its eaven remotely related to VAGs, then that would be my money shot.

#36 bprecey

bprecey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ok just got back from Ford Garage. I needed a new fuel filter apparently. It was badly clogged. Once changed, my fuel flow and pressures returned to normal working parameters even under load. Glad that's sorted. Thanks for all your help with this everyone.

The Electrical problem is apparently my own fault. Apparently there are multiple errors in the log due to me using an after market audio system. This is also related to my alarm and central locking issues. Is there anything I can do to work around this. I struggle with the fact they made the whole system interdependent. I asked, "can't you tell it to not check for ford audio?" I was told in short that I have to remove my car audio and replace it with the original.

Any ideas on a workaround?

#37 dreadz

dreadz

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Name: ade
  • Ford Model: focus 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2007

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

having the same issue with cutting out? not doing it all the time- has happened twice within quick succesion. The engine doesnt die until you dip clutch or come to stop. but starts straightaway. no warning lights either. How much was the fuel filter to replace please pal? think mine maybe the issue too -as i have run down quite low on few occasions....infact most of the time lol . thanks

#38 bprecey

bprecey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hello there. I had diagnostics done as well and mine came to about 164. I'd assume less than that. Hope it gets sorted for you.

#39 bprecey

bprecey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hello there. I had diagnostics done as well and mine came to about 164. I'd assume less than that. Hope it gets sorted for you.

#40 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Ford Enthusiast

• Super Mod
  • 10,968 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

I have the trip computer light issue, mine stays on all night. I also have an aftermarket stereo, but I think I will take it to my local dealer, and pay them the £65 to diagnose it.

#41 bprecey

bprecey

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Cool. Let me know how you get on. If there is a way round this, it will be very helpful. Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users