Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Ecoboost 1.0

gregberry

Nice Greg, Love it mate :)

Gives me a rough idea how my Titanium will look.

just one question. Can you see the exhaust pipe enough to get a chrome tip to show.

Anyone have any experience with keeping white cars clean?

Get yourself a good quality ceramic or nano sealant. Good quality ones even protect the paintwork from scratches.

Search YouTube for CarPro Cquartz sealant to see the quality. It's not cheap and will need you to remove all your other layers of LSP by claying the paintwork. But once it's sealed, grim will not stick as much and it will wash off easy.

Nice Greg, Love it mate :)

Gives me a rough idea how my Titanium will look.

just one question. Can you see the exhaust pipe enough to get a chrome tip to show.

No, and the exhaust is only a single exhaust on this not like the previous zetec s which was a twin.

(except for diesel was a single)

But I asked mountune about any parts i.e exhausts and they said nothing for the new fiesta as of yet.

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpgcar5.jpg

car6.jpg

car7.jpg

car8.jpg

car9.jpg

car10.jpg

Looking very good.

If I were you, my first mods would be the removal of the ecoboost badge of the boot and removal of the dealer stickers.

Looking very good.

If I were you, my first mods would be the removal of the ecoboost badge of the boot and removal of the dealer stickers.

I was thinking about the old zetec s badge just the s on the grill and taking out the dealer sticker but the ecoboost doesn't bother me too much.

No, and the exhaust is only a single exhaust on this not like the previous zetec s which was a twin.

(except for diesel was a single)

I believe the pre-facelift Zetec S (petrol & diesel) the exhaust is hidden and a twin exit pipe is only on show on the S1600 & Metal models.

I believe the pre-facelift Zetec S (petrol & diesel) the exhaust is hidden and a twin exit pipe is only on show on the S1600 & Metal models.

Thanks for your replies chaps.

Only mods planned for the titanium will be sill plates, Zetec S pedals and S1600 stripes :)

Yeah I meant that you couldn't see it before either. But the point I was making that my petrol zetec s before had a twin exhaust where as this only has a single exhaust.

Hi,

I've currently got a Skoda Fabia Vrs Mk1 Diesel and I'm seriously considering a 125 Zetec S Ecoboost. I'm looking for something with a reasonable spread of torque, reasonable power and ok on fuel..... up here in shetland, petrol is something like 142.9!

The bhp between the 2 cars is very similar, the fabia has more torque but then the fiesta is 150-200kg less. There's no point me getting another diesel as I don't do the miles.

From what I've seen, I find it strange that the 30-60mph times in 4th are slower in the Fiesta than the heavier BMax, even though they have the same engine. After reading another thread and seeing how the fiesta is under 100g co2, I'm thinking the gears are a bit leggy.

I know I'll have to change my driving style from the Fabia but can someone tell me what the engine revs are, approx, at:

3rd gear at 30mph, 4th gear at 30mph, 4th gear at 50mph and 5th gear at 50mph.

Unfortunatley my only dealer up here hasn't got an ecoboost demo.... and when they do it won't be a zetec s.

Many thanks,

I picked up my new zetec s ecoboost yesterday, its a lovely car but its got nothing on the focus ST i traded in for it haha

Not surprised as the engine is 2.5 times bigger. A focus or fiesta ST on shetland isn't really worth it.

i know i was gutted, but the ST was to expensive to run as an everyday car, i'm sure i'll get used to this one though

Good ole diesel being in 5th at 30 :P

Not always as effecient even if a higher gear goes in.

I've noticed that if the revs are too low, then you actually use more fuel as the engine is trying to stop itself stalling. I have found the eco shift indicator in my Focus doesn't always get it right and I can often get better MPG keeping it in a lower gear at 1500-1600rpm than changing up and the engine struggling at 1000-1100 rpm.

I have to admit though, if I hadn't have gone for a Focus, I would almost certainly have grabbed a 2013 Fiesta with 125PS engine.

When I say at 30, I mean in a 30 zone. Of course, doing 30... :P

I know, I was told by a mechanic it is a good way to test for a slipping clutch :)

Think I can do 26ish in 5th and it'll still pull though, not healthy but it's good to see :P

My fabia has a 6 speed box. 50mph is 1500rpm and straying below 1500 in 4th, 5th and 6th is rough, even with big torque of the 1.9tdi.

I'd expect the 125hp fiesta to be just about ok 4th @ 30mph (with 3rd needed to make it move) but 5th probably needs 45-50mph to keep it happy.

Anyone with a 125hp fiesta that can give me these revs? 3rd gear at 30mph, 4th gear at 30mph, 4th gear at 50mph and 5th gear at 50mph?

car5.jpg

Have they stopped the aluminum pedals? This is a Zetec S Right?

Have they stopped the aluminum pedals? This is a Zetec S Right?

Spoke to my dealer about that the other day he said none of the new zetec s' are coming through with the aluminium pedals and I said but in the book it says it does he then said he's going to look into it and get them put on for me.

Hi, great looking car, which is why l have bought one, should get it early March, did you ask not to have the red sports seats as l'm sure my one is going to have them.

Mine is definitely coming with the red seats, made sure :P

Do the red seats come as standard? Defo want them on mine but not sure if I ordered them or not, don't even think I was asked. Anyone get the keyless entry? The power button would be awesome