ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,627 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Ford will attempt to fix your fuel cap by taking a pair of side cutters to it, something you can do yourself at home ;)

Posted Image

Good luck with the CAB and hope you get your steering wheel sorted. If you're still struggling I can send you a half-leather one, you'd just need to sort out getting it swapped over.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 kalo88uk

kalo88uk

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: AJ
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Ford will attempt to fix your fuel cap by taking a pair of side cutters to it, something you can do yourself at home ;)

Posted Image

Good luck with the CAB and hope you get your steering wheel sorted. If you're still struggling I can send you a half-leather one, you'd just need to sort out getting it swapped over.

Thanks, they tried that but it didn't solve the issue.

Just waiting to hear on the steering wheel, I don't really like their attitude of 'NO!'. Thanks mate, may need to take you up on that offer soon... *bleep* ers lol

#18 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I've had two Mk 7 Fiestas and the filler cap has been ok on both so far but the flap is a bit reluctant to open first push sometimes. The ' neck' of the filler pipe is also sometimes a bit reluctant to open too sometimes but I just use a bit more force.
Not a good idea on the whole, I don't think.
Warranty-wise, I've got no real complaints. They did replace the battery eventually when the three year warranty had only a few weeks left. I say eventually because they changed the alternator first even though the AA report said 'Replace battery' - twice ! At least I've got a new battery AND alternator now the warranty has expired !
I have heard other reports of Ford trying to wriggle out of their warrant committment which is not a good sign.

#19 kalo88uk

kalo88uk

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Nope had the final response from CRC, they still 100% refuse to do anything.

Time to go further up the food chain, CAB have given me some useful information also.

#20 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125
  • Year: 2013

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

They were the ones who told me no as well as the dealership lol

If they really want a big !Removed! complaint over a petrol cap/steering wheel I really don't mind doing it, why should I pay for their faults? If my car had done 90,000 miles yeh I'd agree perhaps

As mentioned in previous post by someone else - Ford's warranty will only cover certain items.

I too have an 11 reg Fiesta and have the same problem with my petrol cap, bit of a pain but haven't tried to sort it out yet as it's not too much of an issue!

With regards to the steering wheel - i'm surprised it's doing that so soon!

#21 kalo88uk

kalo88uk

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

As mentioned in previous post by someone else - Ford's warranty will only cover certain items.

I too have an 11 reg Fiesta and have the same problem with my petrol cap, bit of a pain but haven't tried to sort it out yet as it's not too much of an issue!

With regards to the steering wheel - i'm surprised it's doing that so soon!

Exactly, so there is clearly a fault that they should rectify, warranty or no.

I get that they only cover certain things but those parts should of been 'engineered' to last far longer than they have.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users