MarkyR

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Hi everyone,

Just joined today, so be gentle :)

The Telegraph reviewed the ST the other day: http://www.telegraph...-ST-review.html

I'm seriously thinking of ordering an ST-2 but haven't had the chance to test drive one yet. Does anyone have any comments regarding the Telegraph's reviewer's comments regarding the firm ride & "... vibration at about 2,000, which fizzes through the major controls"?  This is the first time I've read any negative comments in regard vibrations so just wanted to be sure this wasn't an issue / something to be concerned about.

Thanks.

Yeah, those reviewers are on something to be honest as I have not noticed ANY vibration what so ever! And the ride is no where near as harsh as some have made out, it's sporty and a bit busy but not rock solid, it actually rides very well I feel, you feel as though the car is solid. I think they keep comparing it to the 208GTI which is more comfortable apparently and I bet it doesn't handle as well as a result.

Buy an ST2 you will NOT regret it, it's utterly fantastic and the noise the turbo makes is far too addictive for it's own good!  :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#137 Ki55

Ki55

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Gareth
  • Ford Model: n/a
  • Year: Non

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Yeah, those reviewers are on something to be honest as I have not noticed ANY vibration what so ever! And the ride is no where near as harsh as some have made out, it's sporty and a bit busy but not rock solid, it actually rides very well I feel, you feel as though the car is solid. I think they keep comparing it to the 208GTI which is more comfortable apparently and I bet it doesn't handle as well as a result.

Buy an ST2 you will NOT regret it, it's utterly fantastic and the noise the turbo makes is far too addictive for it's own good!  :D

Thanks for the reply, MarkyR :)  

Yeah, it seems the only real issue reviewers have with it is the ride being overly firm at times & 'wearing after long journeys'. I guess this is subjective and in a way, they have to give balance to all of the praised it's received since launch.  What kind of MPG are you getting now in yours?

#138 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,502 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

The ride isn't firm at all, I've been in DS3 and the thing was a rock to drive, terrible ride quality. The ST is pretty good if honest. 

#139 welshy_maverick

welshy_maverick

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Name: Welshy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2 Frozen White
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Im thinking of going for blue as ive got a white metal now which I love but I'm forever cleaning it. I spent 5 hours yesterday waxing it and its already dirty :(.

My ford dealer told me when I get my Fiesta ST i can bring it in every Sunday between 11 - 4 for a full valet?? I assume this is true for anyone who buys a new Ford now...part of what their calling their "VIP" club!!  :)

#140 welshy_maverick

welshy_maverick

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm so jealous of all you current lucky ST owners. Ford confirmed my order last Tuesday (4th) so I still got probably a 10 week wait ahead of me  :( which means all the sun will be gone, but other than the one at the dealership I havent' seen an st on the road in my area yet so will have to keep my eyes closed until I get mine! I am so impatient, I've always changed from one fiesta to the next in the space of a week, never had to wait for a car to built from scratch before, but of all the 5 fiesta's I have already owned...I'm hoping the wait will make this one the best!!!

#141 welshy_maverick

welshy_maverick

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Can someone who has an ST confirm if the turbo sounds decent as stock please?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users