Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Bars For New Fiesta 2013

Big Keith

Hi, has anyone fitted a roof rack to the brand new fiesta, I already have a rack for the previous 2011 car 3dr model. Only I've been told I need a new rack by the dealer and the price has doubled. My main concern is when I lift the rubber strips there is no indication where the holes should be on my previous fiesta I could see these clearly and dig the mastic out. But I cannot seriously understand how a rack could be fitted on a 3dr model any other way so I'm hoping that I can use my old one. Anyone have a clue the ford dealer doesn't have any in stock or any information on the fitting so if I ordered I would have to keep them.

I have them on my 2013 3 door fiesta.

I got them from ford online parts; I called first and was told that the bars haven't changed for the new model so you should be fine with what you have.

Regarding the mounting points, it recall there being a 'notch' along the side of the guttering indicating where they are located...

Hi JAY7,

Thanks for your reply, I have now found solution after several phone calls to different ford dealers.

If your new fiesta has been built after April 2013 you will need the new rack as I do mine was built in may.

There are no holes pre-drilled in the roof.the new rack fits on where the tail gate lifts up there are small holes to poke out

The other part fits under where the door shuts there are 3 pre-drilled holes to poke out under the rubber door seal looks like I'm going to have to sell my old one and pay £246.00 for the new model

Anybody want a roof rack for a good price!

• 5 months later...

Hi. I have a late (Nov) 2013 Zetec 5dr (100PS) and wanted roof bars as I'd fitted some on my old 2001 ghia and clearly those are no longer usable.

I got in touch with Ford online parts and was told categorically that the post-2008 kit would fit. The weather was warm enough today to finally fit them - but imagine my horror when, as per instructions, I started to dig the sealer out of the gully to find that there aren't any plugs/holes to fit the new parts. I've looked for 'pre-drilled holes' in various places as per previous post but can't see any. I've now got two missing chunks of sealer in the roof gully (luckily only did one side) which, unless I cover with some other form of sealant, will go rusty :-(

As it's 2 months since I bought them, I guess I've probably got slim to no chance of a refund/replacement AND I'm still without bars.

Fill those holes quick mate, otherwise your car will leak like a sive.

As far as i know you need the thule roof bars for the MK7.5 fiesta. I use this site.

roofracks.co.uk £139 for 5 door

you can get them for 3 or 5 door. Pretty standard fitment using the thule 754 footpack.

And take those ones you brought back to Ford, they dont fit your car and they should not have sold them to you. If you look on the Ford website they only sell the Ford ones up to 27 April 2013, after this date its the thule ones.

http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/productgrouplisting.htm?marketId=GB&languageId=en&modelId=7&categoryId=13&articleNameId=698 £187 for 5 door.

I get the feeling that to many people were getting leaks when fitting the Ford ones , so they decided to use Thule only, just my opinion

I always wonder wether those brackets should be covered with rubber to limit the risk of marking the paintwork. I was going to get some of these so I could carry my MTB around but the risk of marking the paint put me off. You cant fit a towbar on the Zetec S either, so the bike is going in the boot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club