Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse confusion

Rozzaxw1

Hi everyone. 

Im looking for some Devine intervention from any wizards out there. 

Im trying to hardwire a dash cam into my wife’s mk2.5 focus. I’ve seen all the kits on piggy backing the fuse with the ‘add a circuit’ connectors and all looks good. 

However apart from the really awkward location of the fuse box under the foot well and the absence of a manual. I’m confused with the whole job. 

After traveling through the tinterweb it seems like the rear wiper is the favoured fuse to piggy back which is fine but I’m struggling to find a reliable guide to the fuses. I think it’s 131 but I’m getting conflicting information from different places. Can anyone confirm this at all. 

Also (showing my age I guess) the fuses are very small and I haven’t come across these before. Are they mini fuses? Or any other names?

any help would be appreciated. 

Tony

I think the confusion here is that the late mk2 & facelift version (mk2.5) have the same footwell fusebox but the early mk2 version is a different layout and different fuse numbers.

Diagram of the early mk2 board-

5ab9792aea156_Earlymk2wiperfuse.jpg.c77538654632fee194faaa18e3aedb71.jpg

Diagram of the late mk2 and mk2.5 board-

5ab9792dc4006_Latemk2wiperfuse.jpg.cc738ad27910f5b139c8b15bc1d4227d.jpg

On the earlier board the rear wiper is fuse 78.

On the late mk2 and 2.5 board the rear wiper is fuse 131.

The fuses used are mini blade ones.

For the fuse tap make sure the tap has long legs as some are the short (low profile)  type and will not seat correctly.

The original 15A fuse goes in the bottom slot and the fuse for the dashcam circuit needs to go in the top slot.

Also ensure that the side of the fuse tap with the wire coming out of it is facing towards the front of the car (towards the fuse board hinges) or the circuit will not be protected correctly.

Long leg fuse tap-

5ab97abf23c9c_Longlegfusetap.jpg.f67a1eb91c3c1420d65f0cc1c5c87d05.jpg

Short leg (low profile) fuse tap-

5ab97ac18a359_Shortleg-lowprofile-fusetap.jpg.75d588f39799e2f4d2910a29829292c6.jpg

Stoney. You’re a legend. That’s shown me something new and confirmed my thoughts. Thank you mate, really appreciate your help. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club