Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 Hatchback Boot Lights

Proz

Hi All 

Is there a how to for taking out the hatchback boot lights and the inner trim on the hatchback itself ?

Going to fit a genuine spoiler and according to the instructions the hatch lights and rear trim may need to come off to allow access to the bolts / nuts .

It doesn't actually say where the fittings holding the inner trim on are or what they are ... just has a stupid pic of some one lifting it away . No instructions on how to actually get it off and the lights out without destroying anything lol 

Anyone with previous experience in doing this ?

Cheers 

I suspect it's like the Mk4 you just pull the trim away, a trim removal tool is handy for getting the edges to lift, just check the for any fastenings on the edge of the tailgate, light fitting just pop out check you hand book for bulb removal that's the staring point for the light fitting, all best done when the car is warm, less chance of breaking the trim clips, 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

I suspect it's like the Mk4 you just pull the trim away, a trim removal tool is handy for getting the edges to lift, just check the for any fastenings on the edge of the tailgate, light fitting just pop out check you hand book for bulb removal that's the staring point for the light fitting, all best done when the car is warm, less chance of breaking the trim clips, 

Cheers .. just bought one of the trim removal tools so hopefully itll be here in a day or two .... just dont want to damage or break anything 

It's slightly different. The handle inside that you use to pull it closed, well the part you grab is in two parts. Pry them apart with your pry tool and you will see 2 screws that need to be undone before you pull it all away. They are the only screws, the rest are just clips so use the pry tool around the lip of the trim. The lights are held on by screws, carefully not to damage them as they are a few hundred to replace!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I forgot about the handle, it's a long time since I've done it:biggrin:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pragmatix said:

I forgot about the handle, it's a long time since I've done it:biggrin:

Same here, won’t be doing it again now she’s gone. Apart from the practical reasons for changing I really wish I hadn’t changed. The Mk5 is such a nice car and I just felt good when I was driving it, ah good times lol 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club