Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking of changing car stereo... is it easy??

jooulez

I'm thinking of changing the factory built in stereo in my Fusion for a more up to date unfactory fitted one.  I know I'll need a harness adaptor (Halfords words not mine!) & was wondering can this be done by a complete novice like me??  I have knowledge of household electrics, & not sure if this will be a help or hinderence? LOL  The 1 I am thinking of getting doesn't have a CD player or DAB but does have an AUX in & USB port, which is the main reason for wanting to change over, as I've been told that these 2005 fusions have something missing so that you can't add a AUX port to the existing factory fitted stereo.

Hopefully someone out there can help!

Thanks!!!

On my Fusion (07 plate) I bought an aux adapter for the factory stereo which is the Ford 6000 CD model. 

Easy to install; just need special keys to remove the stereo then simply plug the adapter / wire in at the rear of it and route it through the glove box.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fusion-AUX-lead-Ford-6000-CD-car-stereo-AUX-in-cable-iPod-iPhone-Android/112634303183?hash=item1a398712cf:g:bhsAAOSw2s1UwRzS

Thanks Clappers ... but mine is an older model & doesn't have the same thing as yours!! 😋

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club