Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 fiesta clutch slipping

Fiestazetec1.4

Hi everyone I’ve just started driving my 2003 1.4 Fiesta zetec. It has been driving fine For two weeks, still drives ok aslong as I don’t put too much power into it the moment I do the clutch slips and revs to f..k in gear. I know I’m most likely going to have to get a new clutch but is there anyway I can’t tighten the clutch cable for an easy fix?i asunder it has one because of its year and won’t be hydraulic. I can do hill starts so it’s not got too  bad yet. 

2003 should be mk5 unless it's a very late mk4?  Mk5 has a hydraulic clutch. 

Tightening the cable wouldn't stop it slipping anyway though, needs a new clutch unfortunately.

I thought 2003 was the first year or so of the mk6? That definitely will be hydraulic. Either way as said above it wouldn't stop it slipping.

Should cost you the parts plus about 4-5 hours labour charge unless you try to do it yourself of course.

2002-2008 for a mk6.

Your clutch is hydraulic. 

• Like 1

I thought the pre facelift mk6 was actually mk5?  The mk4 was definitely the 'rounded' one.  Or is the mk5 the mk4 facelift? :unsure: 

On 5/21/2018 at 8:40 AM, TomsFocus said:

I thought the pre facelift mk6 was actually mk5?  The mk4 was definitely the 'rounded' one.  Or is the mk5 the mk4 facelift? :unsure: 

The ‘pre facelift mk6’ or 5th generation 2002-2008 fiesta was referred to as the mk6 in the UK ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta )

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club