Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument cluster and programming

MarioK

Hello all. My Ford is S-max 2006 2.0tdci titanium  6G. I am having a continuous troubles with my instrument cluster for months now.  Basically the instruments from all the sudden freeze in certain moment and that’s it! Then I have no speed, fuel, engine temp and rps information. The computer display works with no faults.

I read that Ford have many problems with the cluster. So I have taken the car to my local service and they took the cluster out and sent it for repair. A week later it came back but not repaird as it is “beyond repair options”. So that leave me with the option to replace it. ( Ford dealership quoted £850 for part only. A second hand cluster is around £150).

I also read that Ford in the past offered cluster replacement for £99 fee but I doubt they would still do it today. Or will they? 

And here I come to my question...has anyone been in my situation? How did you solve the issue. How does it work with the programming of the “new”( second hand ) cluster as I will not want to spend £1k for new one from Ford. Will I use my real mileage? I have already found matching cluster online with 96k miles on it while mine is 135k miles. 

I would love to hear any advice or if you have had such experience in the past how you dealt with it?

thank you and I apologies for the long read 🙄

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club