Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long time owner new member

Stonie14

Hi guys n gals, owned Fords on and off since my first Fiesta back in 92 currently own a 2009 Smax and a well cared for unrestored 1981 Fiesta.

• Like 1

Hey Anythony, welcome!

Wow, a 1981 Fiesta? That's more or less as old as I am, give or take a few years! Must be an entirely different feeling to drive that, compared to driving a modern Ford. What's it like?

Thanks.

Drives really nice still dispite no power steering, gets a bit fussy on long runs but it needs an old fashioned tune up, maybe some new points an condenser (might treat it to some electronic ignition soon), starting it without pumping the throttle or pulling the choke is a bit odd. the most luxury thing fitted is the rear heated screen and the FM radio plus it looks big in our tiny old garage (for now) will look lost in the new one when it’s done though.

52FE15F9-767B-4B93-8030-EC3F6BC19DE2.jpeg

Hello, welcome to the community. 

12 hours ago, Stonie14 said:

Thanks.

Drives really nice still dispite no power steering, gets a bit fussy on long runs but it needs an old fashioned tune up, maybe some new points an condenser (might treat it to some electronic ignition soon), starting it without pumping the throttle or pulling the choke is a bit odd. the most luxury thing fitted is the rear heated screen and the FM radio plus it looks big in our tiny old garage (for now) will look lost in the new one when it’s done though.

Haha, that's epic - no aircon or electric windows, either. It's like Paleo-driving. Plus it looks so different externally, you'd hardly know it was the same model of car. So funny how body shapes change through the years. I think Fiestas have gone from being quite angular to extremely rounded and back again several times since then!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club