Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passengers door not locking via key fob

Junes786

Hi all,  

First message on this forum and I need advice/help. I have a ford S-Max 2.0 Titaimum 

Vehicle make: FORD
Date of first registration: January 2014
Year of manufacture: 2014
Cylinder capacity (cc): 1997 cc
CO₂Emissions: 149 g/km
Fuel type: DIESEL

Yesterday I noticed, my passenger door will not lock when I press on the key fob to lock the car (either pressed one or twice).  

I do hear the central locking locking the car, but the mechanism on the passenger will not change from lock to unlock and unlock to lock.

I have applied WD-40 is morning, but this hasn't made much difference. I have to manually close the passenger door from the inside, then lock the car via key fob from the outside, like normally. Not sure how long the issue has been ongoing, only noticed last night, when I randomly when around checking the each door. To also the electric mirrors work fine no issues.

Also I noticed this morning, when I open the car, when I try to close the car and the passenger door is not locked, the alarm is not going off. Could be the window was down, while I was testing the door and attempting lock and unlock via the key fob. Was working late last night, when I locked the car and then tried to see if the passenger was locked and the door opened and the alarmed went off.

I am sorry if this question has been asked before and resolved. Any help will be appreciated.

Stupid question.

When you lock the car via key fob, what is the difference one click and two clicks (and the car light flash). 

Many thanks Junes