Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk 2 Facelift bumpers on pre Facelift models

Greg29

Hi all,

Can anyone advise please if front and rear full bumpers or bumper extensions designed for Mk2 Facelift Focus' can fit on pre Facelift models?

I have a 2006 Focus Mk2 Sport looking in to doing some first time modding.

Any  help appreciated

Hi all,
Can anyone advise please if front and rear full bumpers or bumper extensions designed for Mk2 Facelift Focus' can fit on pre Facelift models?
I have a 2006 Focus Mk2 Sport looking in to doing some first time modding.
Any  help appreciated
I believe you need to change the front wings as well.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Front wings, bumper mounts, bonnet and headlights are all different.
Rear bumper is a straight swap but reverse & fog lights are different shape plus the bulb holders & socket commectors are different.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Front wings, bumper mounts, bonnet and headlights are all different.
Rear bumper is a straight swap but reverse & fog lights are different shape plus the bulb holders & socket commectors are different.

Regarding the rear bumper - Is is easy to get the MK2.5 loom to connect into the MK2, or do you have to snip/resolder the MK2.5 connectors onto the existing loom?

And on a related note, how easy is it to paint rear parking sensors? I was considering going the MK2.5 rear bumper route, but my existing sensors are on the grey bump strip so aren't currently painted

You need to cuty and resolder the wires.

This listing has 2 available (both sides are the same)-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-HATCHBACK-08-11-BULB-HOLDER-PLUG-AND-WIRES-FOG-OR-REVERSE-LIGHT/263586436738?hash=item3d5ef9d682:g:EwMAAOSwI-BWIP4B

If you can only get one from that listing then there is one available here-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-2008-2011-HATCHBACK-BULB-HOLDER-WIRE-FOR-FOG-REVERSE-LIGHT/222957768819?hash=item33e9519073:g:LHwAAOSw3dtapmQN

You may find that you'll need different sensors as the mk2 ones are angled to match the higher position that they are installed into as compared to the facelift versions.

• Thanks 1

Probably easier in that case to get a rear bumper complete with sensors then, right?

28 minutes ago, EddyOS said:

Probably easier in that case to get a rear bumper complete with sensors then, right?

Tbh, probably yes.

As long as the connectors match up or you'll have more rewiring to do.

I was in the middle of doing exactly what you are planning (all parts bought and ready to go on)  but then decided to chop in for an ST instead so never completed the job.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Tbh, probably yes.

As long as the connectors match up or you'll have more rewiring to do.

I was in the middle of doing exactly what you are planning (all parts bought and ready to go on)  but then decided to chop in for an ST instead so never completed the job.

Part number seem to suggest they're the same sensors, so that's one less thing to worry about. It's whether I decide to do it or not really. I'd be going down the CC front bumper and MK2.5 rear

That was the configuration I was looking at.
Mate of mine had a mk2 focus ghia with a CC front bumper and it looked far nicer than the standard bumper.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

That was the configuration I was looking at.
Mate of mine had a mk2 focus ghia with a CC front bumper and it looked far nicer than the standard bumper.

Yeah, that post from the other day has had me thinking. I can get a bumper for £80 new but then have to get it painted and get he grill, fogs, etc. Could go for a genuine second hand off of eBay but then have to repair it (and paint it). Not cheap all in but would look a lot nicer I reckon

Worth the effort.
The mk2 is a very good car but the styling was always a bit marmite.

• Like 1

Another good thing is the front fogs are the same on both bumpers, so no wiring changes required. Getting tempting now...

Anybody know if its possible to fit a Zetec S style diffuser on to a pre-facelift bumper? I imagine it would just be a straight forward bolt on

https://rjlretail.co.uk/products/carbon-fiber-rear-diffuser-for-ford-focus-zetec

In below photo, it looks like a facelift bumper fitted to a pre-face Titanium, but Im looking to fit it direct to a pre-face bumper to avoid having to faff around with the fog light wiring.

Focus Zetec Mk2.5 Facelift Rear Lower Valance Zetec S Style Diffuser 2008-2011 - Rjl Retail Ltd

Mk2.5 Rear Diffuser Guide:

Mk2.5 Front Lip Guide: 

Anybody know if its possible to fit a Zetec S style diffuser on to a pre-facelift bumper? I imagine it would just be a straight forward bolt on
https://rjlretail.co.uk/products/carbon-fiber-rear-diffuser-for-ford-focus-zetec
In below photo, it looks like a facelift bumper fitted to a pre-face Titanium, but Im looking to fit it direct to a pre-face bumper to avoid having to faff around with the fog light wiring.
diffusersilver2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1489313191&key=294875a6fcb01bf5a228931d4ebb003aa1a5129b7ef831f70f3ee96ae892ca6e

The ZS diffuser will only fit onto a facelift rear bumper.

• Like 1

I bought a diffuser only but it woould look daft without the wrap around skirt. So i sold it as brand new.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club