Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo DPF Conspiracy Thoery

reeves55

Hello all,

Since Oct 2016 I have had DPF issues with my 2010 Mondeo TDCI. So it started with engine malfunction light and resulted in cleaning the DPF. 16 months trouble free and then in March EM warning and Limp Mode whilst driving on M4. AA relay home and my garage cleaned out soot from the DPF. Then over the last few months 3 or 4 engine malfunction warnings without Limp Mode reporting as soot accumulation. Last Monday it went into Ford and they did a static regen and it was fine and told to watch over it. Today warning back on, my local garage plugged it in and again soot accumulation. The car has done 81, 000 miles and I know that some models recommend changing the DPF at 75,000. My garage are beginning to think this is a phantom warning as each time they check it there is no soot and Ford were able to do the static regen. Has anyone else been through this? I am losing confidence in the car if I am honest and we use it to tow our caravan so it is interfering with our holidays also and adding a bunch of stress. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

sounds like a faulty  dpf pressure sensor , not uncommon. you can describe it as a failed in range sensor. basicaly it possible to fail without triggering any dtc by detecting blockage when there isnt one. 

4 hours ago, iantt said:

sounds like a faulty  dpf pressure sensor , not uncommon. you can describe it as a failed in range sensor. basicaly it possible to fail without triggering any dtc by detecting blockage when there isnt one. 

I had that, in fact it's the only fault apart from split sensor pipes I've had on 4 mondeos.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club