Sign in to follow this  
david795

Whirring noise at back of Fiesta when in idle

Hello

I just bought a '14 plate Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost, with 25k miles done.

I have noticed when the engine is idling I can hear a whirring/buzzing noise at the back of my car and I'm not entirely sure if this is okay/normal or what it is. It is louder when I am outside at the back of my car than when I am inside but it is still very noticeable inside.

Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks in advance.

As above possible fuel pump edging towards failure. It shouldn't be overly loud under normal operation.

Okay, thank you it's not overly loud but is noticeable when still. Should you be able to hear it in normal conditions?

No, cant hear it on a mk7.5 or mk8 in all fairness.

Thanks for your responses.

Weird, I've done a few searches on other fiesta forums and other people have said they have the issue too. Some responses saying it's normal and others not.

I Iust admit I have recently had my ears cleared out because they were blocked with  wax so that might be why I am sensitive to the noise. 😂 

What exactly is the noise suggesting is wrong? Is it a hard job to change the pump? Does sound like an electrical noise.

Will speak to the garage on Monday.

Whirring? I wish you are lucky if just whirring, i usually have mostly irritating moaning and groaning noise - is boyfriend complaining about my driving!
hihi

😁