Sign in to follow this  
SG591

Ford Fiesta boot not working

My boyfriends Ford Fiesta has a boot problem, the keyfob unlocks the two main door but not the boot, the boot makes a sounds but doesn’t unlock. You have to open manual with the key in the keyhole of the boot. 

Whag do you think is the problem? 

Which year fiesta is it? I'd normally think the motor goes wrong but you say you hear a noise. 

27 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Which year fiesta is it? I'd normally think the motor goes wrong but you say you hear a noise. 

It's probably still the solenoid/motor if it's a Mk6, they get weaker over time before failing altogether, so still make the noise but don't have enough force to pull the latch.

it might just need a bit of oil in the right place. eg. solenoid not having enough force to release it because the mechanism has got stiffer than it should be

On 6/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, SG591 said:

My boyfriends Ford Fiesta has a boot problem, the keyfob unlocks the two main door but not the boot, the boot makes a sounds but doesn’t unlock. You have to open manual with the key in the keyhole of the boot. 

Whag do you think is the problem? 

I have this same issue. Any ideas anyone?